Chapter 22

Previously on Chapter 21

I can't believe Senku would say that to me. Didn't he know that I'm a human too... I have feelings! Why'd he say that?? How could he?

-Heartache-

Y/N P.O.V

I stopped when I stand by the cliff. I take a seat and hug myself as I start to cry. I can't believe Senku... I can't believe he'd say something like that. Do I mean nothing to him? If that's what it is, then why'd he ask me out and told me he loved me in the first place?

Flashback

I was currently hanging out with Yuzuriha at my house. We were discussing about something when someone knocks by the front door. I turn my head to look at Yuzuriha.

"I wonder who that is..." I said. She just shrugged her shoulders. We got up from my living room's couch and make our way towards the door. I opened it to reveal Taiju. I stared at him in surprise.

"Oh, Taiju... what brings you here?" I asked. He smiles softly at me. He greeted Yuzuriha and turned to look at me. "Hey Y/N-Chan... can I talk to you for a sec?" He asked. I tilted my head, staring at him in confusion.

"Um, sure..." I said. It was a surprise for Taiju to want to talk to me. I thought he came to my house because he knows Yuzuriha is here, since she was the one he's been crushing on for... I don't really know how long.

Taiju leads me away somewhere. I noticed he was leading me to the park near my house. I turned to look at Taiju.

"Why'd you take me here?" I asked. He smiled at me and pointed somewhere. I turned my head to see Senku. I stared at him in confusion. "Okay... uhh. What's going on?" I asked.

Senku was holding something. I jump when there was a sudden firework. I turn my head to look at the sky. The firework starts to form random shapes. They seem to be custom made. Did Senku did all of this? And for what?

Senku walked over to me. "I made this fireworks for you... I hope you like it..." he said. I turned to look at him and turned to the fireworks again. One shot up and formed a shape, that looked a lot like heart. I stared at it in surprise.

"Y/N..." Senku said. I turned my head to look at him. He reaches out and gently grabbed my hand. "Uhh... I really like you, Y/N. Will you, be mine?" He asked. I stared at him in shock.

I didn't expect this to come from Senku. All these time, I thought he isn't into that kind of stuff. That's why I've always tried to brush the feelings I had for him aside.

"Of course, Senku... I like you too" I said. He smiled softly at me and wrapped his arms around me. I smiled to myself and returned his embrace.

End of Flashback

I choke out a sob at the memories. First he said he loved me, but then he broke my heart in two. Did I ever mean anything to him? What does this love means to him?

I feel something brushing my side. I turn my head to see P/N. He stares at me with his ears droopy, as if he understands what I'm feeling. I just gently wrap my arms around him, crying softly.