Chapter 28

Previously on Chapter 27

I can feel a strange, yet familiar warmth spreading in my heart as I think about Tsukasa. This was what I used to feel when I was around Senku. But now, I feel this feelings towards Tsukasa. I place a hand on my chest, right where my heart is. My eyes soften as I realize what's happening. I have fallen in love with Tsukasa.

-Open Your Heart-

Y/N P.O.V

As always, I'm busy with treating the injured and sick people. Currently, I'm cleaning the wound of a man who got hurt after trying to catch a deer. He's clearly in pain, but he stays strong and quite the whole time.

"Alright, you're good to go. Don't move it too much until it's completely dry. Come back again if you feel any pain, okay?" I said. He nods his head, letting me know that he agrees.

"Thank you so much, Y/N-Sama. You're truly the best candidate for doctor we have. It would be a real nightmare without you around" he said. I let out a giggle at what he said.

"Ah, thank you. I'm flattered. I'm glad I can help all of you..." I said. He stands up and walks out of the cave. I let out a sigh and take a seat. I gently rub my shoulder, it feels slightly stiff because I have been working a lot.

"Are you tired?" Someone said, making me jump at the sudden voice. I open my eyes to see Tsukasa by the cave's entrance. "Not really..." I said, standing up. He frowns at what I said and walks towards me, gently push me down so I'm sitting again.

"Don't lie to me... I'm not dense" he said. I just laugh nervously at how stern he sounded. He sounded like a father scolding his child. He moves to stand behind me and gently rub my shoulder softly.

"Ah, Tsukasa... you don't have to" I said, trying to move. But he keeps me still, continuing to massage my shoulder. "Keep still... I want to help you..." he said. I just let out a sigh and sit still, letting him do what he wants.

For someone with the title "The Strongest Primate Highschooler"... he's surprisingly really gentle. I can tell that he's being really careful as to not hurt me. It makes me feel appreciated. He made me feel loved. I hum softly in appreciation as Tsukasa continues to give my shoulder a gentle massage.

Tsukasa suddenly stops. I turn my head slightly and notice him staring at my shoulder. I lift my hand and place it there. I can feel the rough texture of the scar I received when I was attacked by the lioness.

"I'm sorry I didn't get there in time. I could've stop this from happening..." he said. I shake my head at what he said. "It's fine... you saved my life, Tsukasa. I'm thankful for that..." I said, smiling softly at him. He just pulls me into a hug.

"I just feel upset that I can't protect you better..." he said. I pull away from the hug, cupping the side of his cheek. "No, it's not your fault, Tsukasa. If I hadn't wander off on my own that day, I wouldn't have been attacked by those lioness. I nearly died from drowning. But you saved me..." I said. He just stares at me. He leans his forehead against mine.

"I will protect you better, Y/N. I will never let you get hurt... ever again. I swear on my life" he said, gently cupping the side of my cheek. I just smile at him. "I know you will..." I said. He smiles softly at me and gently place a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Please open your heart for me, Y/N... I promise that I won't break your heart like he does. I love you... I truly do. I wouldn't even imagine hurting you. The sight of your tears really tears me apart. All I want is to make you happy... I will do the things he failed to do, that is giving you the love that you deserve. Just give me a chance... just one chance" he said. I stare into his eyes as he stares at me. I can see him staring at me with a pleading gaze.

"Please..." he pleaded. His eyes shows desperation. It's an emotion I didn't expect to see from someone like him. He looks so vulnerable right now. This must be the first time anyone would see this side of him. The thought that he's not afraid to show it to me, makes me feel like I'm an important person to him.

"Just one chance, Y/N..." he said again, after I didn't give him a respond. I blink my eyes, trying to snap myself out of my daze. I turn my head to look at him. He still stares at me with the same pleading gaze. He is being sincere to me.

"I... o-okay. I'll give you a chance..." I finally said. His eyes widened slightly at what I said. "R-Really? Y-You will?" He said. I smile softly and nod my head. "Yes. I'll give you a chance, Tsukasa. Please take care of me" I said. He smiles happily and pulls me into a hug.

"I will... I'll take care of you. I promise. I'll always keep you safe. I'll make you happy... and of course, I'll treat you better... better than he can" he said. I just lean my head against his chest, without saying anything else.

***

It's currently night time, and I'm changing one of the man's bandage. "Your wound is drying well. I'd say it will heal completely in a week or so. Just don't strain it too much, okay?" I said, after finishing bandaging his arm.

He smiles and nods his head at what I said. "Thank you, Y/N-sama" he said. He stands up and walks out of the medical cave. I let out a sigh and stretches my arms above my head.

"You need to rest, Y/N..." someone said. I turn my head to see Tsukasa. "Oh, I'll be fine. I can't let these people go untreated. It's my job as their doctor" I said. He let out a sigh at what I said. I just smiles at him and walks towards the shelf, begin arranging the herbs.

"Yeah, you may be the doctor. But even so, you need to rest too. You're a human, Y/N. You'll get sick if you get too tired..." Tsukasa said, entering the cave. I turn to look at him and smiles. "I assure you... I'm fine, Tsukasa" I said.

My vision suddenly grows blurry after I assured him that I'm fine. I stumble backward a little. Tsukasa is quick to rush forward, catching me before I fall over. His arm wrapped around my shoulder as he steadies me.

"See... you're exhausted" he said. He leans down and scoops me up in his arms. He makes his way out of the medical cave, making his way towards his cave.

"Why'd you take me here?" I asked. He turns to look at me and smiles softly. He gently lays me down on his bed. "It will be easier to look after you if you're near me" he said. He place a hand on my forehead and frowns.

"You have a fever... what do you need to reduce the fever, Y/N?" He asked. I blink my eyes, trying to stay awake. "Honey and ginger. Boil it, to get the essence and it'll be a tea" I said. He nods his head and walks out of the cave.

He comes back not long after, holding a clay pot in his hand. He take a seat on the edge of the bed and helps me sit up. He gently move the clay pot near my lips.

"Here... drink it while it's still warm..." he said. I just do as told, slowly drinking the tea. I can feel the tea smoothly goes down my throat, bringing warmth to my body.

Tsukasa helps me lay back down once I finished the whole drink. "You should get some rest now, okay?" He said. I just smiles softly at him and nod my head. He leans down and gently place a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Sleep well, love. I love you" he said, in a soft voice. I smile softly at him and slowly closes my eyes. "I love you too, Tsukasa..." I said, sleepily. I can see a soft smile appear on his lips. I start to drift off into a peaceful slumber with Tsukasa still caressing my hair gently, making me feel safe and calm.

*to be continued*