Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

"Wait, Taiju!" Senku said. I just stare at the bushes, worried and scared. Suddenly, a lion appears. I just froze as I stare at the lion, as it stares menacingly at us. Seriously, at time like this... we just have to come face to face with a ferocious lion?? You've got to be kidding me.

-A Familiar Face-

Y/N P.O.V

"Run!" Senku yelled out. I lean down and pick up P/N. I quickly turn around and start to run, which is a little hard because of I have a baby leopard in my arms. I try my best to keep him secure in my arms, while concerning about my own life.

"Why are there lions in Japan??" Taiju yelled out. I keep running forward. "Where do you think?? They obviously the descendants from the lions of the zoo!" I yelled out. We jump off a cliff. Our fall is cushioned by the vines. But it still hurts.

"Why aren't they attacking us until now?" Taiju said. "Probably because we're the first bipedal creature they've seen, we most likely look creepy as hell to them" Senku said. We struggle to keep running as each of us starts to feel exhausted.

Taiju suddenly stops and turns to Senku, throwing Yuzuriha's body at him. Senku who's startled catch Yuzuriha. "Take care of Yuzuriha for me! You and Y/N are the stars of hope for humanity!" He said. "No, Taiju!" I protested. Senku starts to talk about how we need each other. Taiju eventually agrees and run with us once again.

"Even if we manage to reach the camp. We only have spears to fight these lions" Senku said. Taiju leads us to a tree. He said he knows someone who can help us fight these lions.

My eyes soften a little as I realize who he meant. It's Shishio-San, Mirai's older brother. Senku pours the revival fluid on Shishio-San's head. When we turn our heads, we realize that we're surrounded by the lions.

I hug the baby leopard closer to me, trying to protect him. I can hear the sound of cracking and turn my head to see Shishio-San opening his eyes while still partly petrified. He asked what's the situation is, in which Senku explains to him.

He quickly breaks the stone covering his body and throws some fragments at the lions. I quickly duck down on my knees to avoid getting hit by the stones. I shield the baby leopard, making sure he didn't get hurt.

Shishio-San quickly hit the male lion, sending it to a tree. It drops dead on the ground. Part of me feels upset that the lion is dead. But we don't have much of a choice. It's us or them.

Shishio-San glares at the lioness who quickly backs away, as soon as they realize they're no match for him. I let out a sigh of relief and turn my attention towards the baby leopard in my arms. I smile softly and gently caress his head.

"Are you okay, P/N?" I asked. He just purrs and lick my cheek. I let out a soft giggle and turn my head to see Shishio-San is staring at me. I just give him a soft smile.

"Y/N-Chan... your head is bleeding" Taiju said. I lift my hand, placing it on my head. I feel something on my hand and stare at it. There's some blood on the palm of my hand. My vision starts to get blurry and I fall to my side. Everything turns dark.

***

I open my eyes and realize everything is moving. I furrow my eyebrow in confusion. I lift my head to see I'm being carried by Shishio-San. He turns to look at me when he realizes that I'm awake.

"Ah, you're awake, L/N-San..." he said. I wince a bit when I feel my head starting to ache. I lift my hand, placing it on my head. "What... what happened?" I asked, in a weak tone.

"You passed out" he said. I just hum and nod my head. I notice he have a lion mane drape around his shoulder, letting me know that he made his outfit from lion's skin.

"Can you put me down?" I asked. He stares at me with a worried gaze. "Are you sure you can walk?" He asked. I just nod my head. He lowers me down, gently placing me on my feet. P/N quickly rushes over to me. I lean down, gently picking him up in my arms.

"This leopard cub seem to be quite fond of you..." he said. I smile and nod my head. "Yeah... I found him in the forest all hungry and injured. I decided to just take him with me and nurse him back to health. Now he sticks with me..." I said. He hums softly and nod his head. I turn my head and notice Senku walking with Taiju not far from us. I speed up to catch up with them.

"Y/N-Chan... you're awake! How are you feeling?" Taiju asked. I give him a soft smile. "I'm doing fine, Taiju..." I said. I look down at P/N, who sleeps in my arms. I smile softly and continue to pet his head.

Time-skip

Senku, Taiju and Shishio-San introduce themselves to each other. Senku turn to look at me. "You two knew each other?" He asked. I smile and not my head.

"Yeah... back in the modern age. I was volunteering  at a hospital and met him there" I said. He hums and nods his head. He didn't question any further. He didn't even ask why I was volunteering. Senku is the same as always... he's being cold. But I don't mind. I'm used to his character.

Shishio-San turn to look at me. "Just like Senku had said. Last name don't really mean anything in the stone world. So you can start calling me Tsukasa..." he said. I hum and nod my head.

"Sure... then you'd have to call me Y/N..." I said. He nods his head in agreement and shakes hands with me. I give him a soft smile. I can see his lips curving up slightly in a small smile.

"What do you normally eat?" Tsukasa said, turning to look at Senku and Taiju. "Just some mushrooms and plants. Some rabbit if we manage to catch some" Senku said.

"I've been dreaming to eat a lot of meats until my belly can't take it anymore!" Taiju said. Tsukasa just nods his head at their words. He assures us that we didn't have to worry anymore because he will be the one handling all the hunting. He turns around and runs off, to hunt for some prey. What a sudden turn of event. We were hoping to revive Yuzuriha, but we ended up reviving him instead.

*to be continued*