Chapter 25

Previously on Chapter 24

I smile and stand up. I make my way towards the entrance. I turn to look at her and smiles once more. I move the curtain aside and walks out of the cave, letting Y/N have her rest.

I'll treat you better, Y/N...

-Thunder Snowstorm-

Y/N P.O.V

Winter is upon us. Snow starts falling from the sky, coating everything in it's beautiful white blanket. I have always loved the winter season, even before the whole petrification that happened among us.

Tsukasa told me that I can keep the lion mane, so I can stay warm. I tried to argue that he should wear it, since he have no shirt underneath. Of course, he still win the argument. No matter how hard I tried to convince him otherwise. He still insisted that I'm the one who need it.

It's currently night time. I'm just laying on the same bed as the one Tsukasa brought me in. I flinch when I hear a loud thunder. Thunder during snowstorm? I mean it's possible... but it's pretty rare.

I cover my ears, because I've always been afraid of the loud sound of thunder. I keep flinching when I hear the sound of thunder. I feel tears building up in my eyes because of the fear.

The curtain to my cave moves aside. Tsukasa walks inside and stares at me. His eyes softening as soon as he notices my shaking form. "Tsukasa..." I said, in a weak voice. My voice cracks a little because of the fear. He walks over to me.

He place himself next to me. "Come here..." he said, opening his arms. I scoot closer to him, placing my head on his chest. He wraps his arms around me. I flinch when another sound of thunder resonates. I feel a larger hand being placed on my head, covering my ear while the other one is pressed firmly against his chest.

"It's okay... I'm right here. You're safe" he whispered comfortingly. Tsukasa have always been gentle with me. He always make sure that I feel comfortable and safe.

Tsukasa slowly moves into a laying position, with me still pressed against his side. He gently runs his hand through my hair, trying his best to keep me calm as the sound of thunder keeps booming every now and then.

I slowly starts to calm down. I'm glad that Tsukasa is here with me. I'm glad that I'm not alone during a thunder snowstorm like this. I would be terrified if I have to be alone at a time like this.

My eyes slowly starts to get a little droopy. I just close my eyes, Tsukasa caresses my head. He would cover my ears occasionally when there's a sign of lightning, helping me muffle the loud sound of thunder. I close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.

***

When I wake up, I was confused why I'm laying in Tsukasa's arms. Then I remember he came to my cave last night when there's a snow thunder. He stayed with me the whole night? Just to make me feel safe and comfortable.

I just lay there, observing Tsukasa who's still asleep. The petrification cracks that runs across his face. He is indeed a handsome man. I shake my head, what the hell am I thinking? I froze when he slowly moves and opens his eyes.

"Good morning, Y/N... do you sleep well?" He asked. I smile and nod my head. "Thank you for keeping me feel safe the whole night" I said. He just smiles softly at me. I move away from his arms, tucking a strand piece of hair behind my ear.

"Shall we go outside to have some breakfast?" He asked. I just nod my head. He stands up and offers his hand to me. I gently place my hand on top of his, letting him pulls me to stand up. He adjust the lion mane around my shoulder.

"Are you sure you don't need it?" I asked, looking up at him with a worried expression. Tsukasa just nods his head with a smile. I let out a sigh and nod. He's not going to let me argue with him.

We make our way outside the cave, heading towards the area where everyone will gather for some meals. I notice Taiju and Yuzuriha not far from me. I turn to look at Tsukasa.

"I'll be sitting with them... if that's alright?" I said. He turns to look at me and nod his head. "You may do as you pleased here, Y/N..." he said. I smile at him and turn on my heels, making my way over to my two friends.

I take a seat next to Yuzuriha. She turns to look at me and smiles. "Good morning, Y/N-Chan... the thunder last night was so loud. Are you okay?" She asked, knowing my fear of thunder. I smile softly at her and nod my head.

"Yeah... I'm not so scared last night" I said. She tilts her head in confusion. "How so? Don't you have fear of thunder?" She said. I bit my lips, not knowing if I should tell her or not.

"Err... uhh" I stuttered out. I glance at Tsukasa who's sitting not far from me. Yuzuriha notices the stare and glance at him too. "Did he came to your cave?" She asked. I turn to look at her, and slowly nod my head.

She hums softly and nod her head. "You know... I've noticed the way he's acting towards you. He seem... protective of you. So, if I don't know any better... I'd say, he kind of have a soft spot for you" she said. I stare at her in surprise.

"He's only being nice towards me" I said. She let out a giggle at what I said. "That's not the kind of act you'd do to just anyone, Y/N" she said. I blink my eyes at her comment.

"And look... Tsukasa-Kun has been staring at you..."she said. I turn my head to look at Tsukasa. Indeed, he's staring at me. Even when getting caught, he just keeps his gaze on me.

I turn to look at Yuzuriha. "Are you trying to say that he likes me?" I asked. She shrugs her shoulders. "I'd say it's more than that, but I'm not entirely sure" she said. I just hum softly and nod my head.

I think about what she said. Is Yuzuriha right about that? Did Tsukasa... like me? Why do I even think about it anyway. It is true that Tsukasa is acting so protective of me. He's been making sure that no one here dares to make a move on me.

I shake my head lightly. Okay, I should stop with these thought. Just let it go by the flow. I don't even know if I'd be able to reciprocate his feelings if it's true.

I still love Senku... even though he hurt me and broke my heart. I don't know if I can let go of that feelings anytime soon. Much less... open my heart to Tsukasa who attempted to kill Senku that day. So I shouldn't think too much about it.

*to be continued*