Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

I turn to look at the leopard who have move to lay on my lap. I guess I won't be able to move for now. I just lean my back against the tree, staring at the sky above me. Looks like I've made a new friend in the stone world.

-Making Wine-

Y/N P.O.V

The baby leopard is getting significantly better. I'm happy that I'm able to nurse him back to health. He refuses to leave though, he always clings to my side. Not that I minded, I'm actually pretty happy that I can form such a bond with him. I've decided to give him a name, P/N.

Senku have been trying to find a way to undo the petrification. He keeps trying every method, using the nitric acid. But we both know that it's not going to be enough with just nitric acid. There's something missing from it.

I'm standing next to Senku, trying to help him think of a way to find a solution. I turn my head as Taiju returns from his hunting for food. After knowing that Senku and I have been struggling, he makes a comment that there's something even something science can explain. His comment earns a laugh from Senku.

"If only I have alcohol... I can create nital..." Senku said. I turn to look at him and not my head. "With nital added to the nitric acid, it should be strong enough to undo the petrification" I said. Senku nod his head in agreement.

"What did you just said?" Taiju said. We turn to look at him. "We said nital... it's..." Senku starts, but Taiju shakes his head. "I don't understand all that brainy stuff. But 'only if you have alcohol'? Couldn't we make wine from these grapes?" He said, holding out a bunch of grapes in his hands. I gape at the sight for a few seconds and grins at him. Senku have a similar reaction to me.

"Not bad, you big oaf..." he said, letting out a short chuckle. We head outside to start squeezing all the juices from the grapes. I sit next to Senku and help him squeeze them, when Taiju walks up across from us and starts stomping on them. I blink my eyes at his movement.

"Oh, yeah... that works too..." I said. Senku who just stares at his friend nods his head. "I'll leave all the brawny stuff to you. It only makes sense..." he said. I just nod my head, not saying anything else.

For the past weeks, we have been mixing the mixture of grapes along with other stuff to make the wine. So it should be done now. It took quite a while to make them. But it was worth it.

We're now inside the tree house. Taiju is working on filtering the wine. "You know... this could be count as underage drinking" he said. Senku let out a laugh while lifting his wine mug.

"Not a problem! We're all well over 3,700 years old" he said. Taiju realizes what he said is true and let out a laugh out loud. Senku sniff the wine before taking a sip. I just sit down, watching them. I'm not really fond with drinking wine, so I'm just going to sit this one out.

"Hmm... not bad. But it's 10 billion percent worse than the ones sold in the market..." he said. Taiju takes a huge sip from the clay pot, only to spit it back out. I let out a nervous chuckle at him.

"Y/N..." Senku said. I turn to look at him. "Yeah?" I asked. He turn to look at me. "You don't wanna try?" He asked. I shake my head. "No thanks... not much of a big fan of wine" I said. He let out a sigh at what I said.

"Come on... just a sip wouldn't hurt you" he said, as he hold out the mug to me. I hesitate a little and take it from him. I turn to look at him. "Come on..." he said. I let out a sigh and take a sip. I gagged because it's a bit sour and bitter.

"See? Wasn't so bad..." he said. I just shrugs, while deep down I wished I didn't agree to try it. It tastes so weird. Definitely something I'm not going to let enter my system again.

"I didn't know it was so easy to make wine" Taiju said, after he recovers. "Things are about to get more tedious, though. Distilling wine for dummies" Senku said, letting out a soft laugh. He slowly runs his hand up to his face, stopping by his forehead.

"Starting with brandy

"Starting with brandy..." he said. I feel my cheeks getting warmer at the sight of his smirk. I try my best to calm my nerve. He looks so intense right now.

We get up and make our way out of the tree house by slowly climbing down, while Taiju just jump down. I can see his legs wobbles a little. I wonder how he's able to do extreme things like that. I could never.

"Distilling huh? No idea what that means..." he said. Senku who reaches the ground, places his hands on his hip. "I knew you'd say that. Heat it, cool it, drip it. It concentrates the alcohol..." he said. He turns to me, who's still climbing down and offers a hand. I place my hand on top of his, appreciating his little gestures of help. Even though he can be quite cold... there are times when Senku's being a gentleman.

I place my hand on my hip, as I stand next to the pot. "Are you sure this is the way? Will it actually work?" I asked. Senku turns to me and gives me a smirk.

"Don't worry... people in Mesopotamian civilization were doing it with in 1000 B. C using clay pots. There's nothing you can't do if you try... this is exhilarati-" his voice gets cut off when the clay pot shatters, splattering the wine all over him. I knew things would never go smoothly on the first try. We just have to keep on trying. I have faith that we will get there, one way or another.

*to be continued*