Chapter 21

Previously on Chapter 20

"Listen carefully, Suika. You're nearsighted as hell. It's not a disease... not even a defect" he said. I nod my head, smiling softly at her. We'll start making the glass for Suika, to help her see the world better. The first thing we need to do, is to gather some quartz sand which is the main material for glass. This should be fun!

-Chemical Work-

Y/N P.O.V

After making the glass, we instantly start with trying to make the lab. This time we'll have the glasswork we'd need for all the chemicals. All that's left to do before starting the process of making the sulfa drug, is to collect the most important material. Which is probably going to be the most dangerous.

We're all currently inside the lab. We're admiring the newly created lab. This is all thanks to the help from Grandpa Kaseki. He's an old man that Chrome bring with him from the village when we struggled to make the glasswork. He's really good at what he's doing. Apparently, he have the whole 50 years of crafting experiences.

I turn my head to see Kinro and Ginro gathering by the lab's entrance. Ginro have a sparkly look in his eyes. While Kinro have his head turned away. The two of them holding spears in their hands.

"Uh... Senku?" I called. Senku turns his head to look at the brothers too. He give them a straight face and turn to Kohaku. "I don't know a single thing about fighting. But is it true that silver and gold spear can help them with the tournament?" He asked. Kohaku turns to look at him.

"Well. To borrow your word, Senku. They 10 billion percent just wants silver and gold spear" she said. I hum in agreement. Senku turns to look at the two brothers.

"Oh well... let's break the lab by making the silver spear" he said. Kinro let out a gasp at what he said. Ginro decided to tease his brother again. "Oh, sorry, Kinro. I just have a way at being everyone's favorite" he said.

"You're no where near my favorite. This next mission we'll be doing is very dangerous. It will literally be your end if we do this the wrong way?" He said. I can see Ginro's face turns pale at what he said.

***

After seeing the source of the sulfuric acid. It would be impossible without any plan. We'll instantly die if we so much as inhale the toxic gas. Which is why we head back to the village to make some gas mask.

Senku forbids me to come on the next mission. It'll be just him, and Chrome. Ginro got terrified after the first time. But after a talk with Grandpa Kaseki, he finally gained the courage to go.

Suika walks back and forth, while I sit by the wooden pole of the science shed. P/N is curling up next to me. I gently caress his head, trying to keep a positive mindset. Senku and the others will be alright.

I can hear Chalk barking. I turn my head and notice Senku walking towards us with the two guys. A smile appear on my face at the sight of them. They made it back safely!!

"Senku!" I yelled out, happily. I stand up and run up to them. I wrap my arms around his torso. "I'm so glad you're safe, Senku... are you really okay?" I said. He just gently pat my back.

He place his hands on my shoulders, pushing me away from him. "Yeah, I'm fine..." he said. I frown at what he did. I was so worried about him... but he's still cold to me. He didn't even let me hold him after being so scared for his well being.

I force a smile and nod my head. "I'm glad..." I said. It really hurts that Senku never seem to appreciate my affection towards him. But what can I do? I just love him.

Now that we've secured some sulfuric acid. We can finally start working with chemicals. The whole time, Senku keeps scaring Suika. The poor girl kneels by the wall, trembling in fear. This earns Senku an ear pull by me.

Kohaku gets angry, thinking we'd try to make her sister drink all those dangerous chemicals. "No one's drinking it! We just need them to prepare the drugs" Senku said, while Chrome trembles in fear.

Senku and Chrome walks outside, saying they need to make some ammonia. I just cover my eyes, know what they'll be doing. I sweat-dropped with my eyes still close when I hear the familiar sound of someone taking a piss. Sheesh... boys will always be boys.

"And you're going to make Ruri-Nee drink that??" Kohaku said, again with her scary expression. I pat her shoulder, trying to calm her down while Senku and Chrome trembles in fear.

With acquiring ammonia. We just have a few more things to make. But in order to make those, we need alcohol. The last time we tried to make some, it took us forever. Well, not forever... but there's just a lot of things to do, and it was such a hustle.

Grandpa Kaseki stops walking. He turns to look at us. "Alcohol? What are you talking about? If you win the Grand Bout tomorrow, you'll get more than you could ever finish" he said. His comment makes us excited.

Time-skip

I stare at Senku in disbelief as he holds up a weapon for the Grand Bout. "You're participating in the Grand Bout??" Kohaku said, also in disbelief. Ginro grin mischievously at us. "I'm the one who signed him up! I mean... he's over 14 years old!" He said.

"But he's not single... he's dating Y/N" Kohaku said, gesturing towards me. I just crossed my arms across my chest. Senku turns to look at me. "But the others didn't know that. So we'd keep things between us. I don't plan on winning the Grand Bout anyway. I just want to tire them out" he said. I just stare at him in disbelief.

"What if... by any chance, you ended up being the winner. What will you do, Senku? You're just going to marry Ruri?" I asked. Senku let out a sigh at what I said.

"Y/N... that's not going to happen, okay? How can a weak guy like me? Win against all those people?" He asked. I shake my head. "I don't know... I mean, you have the worst luck. Just answer my question! If you win the Grand Bout... you're just going to accept the fact that you're going to marry her??" I said. Senku rolls his eyes at what I said.

"Stop talking in hypotheticals! It's no use and a waste of time... I'm just doing this so we'd increase the chance at winning, so we can get these people on our sides. I'm doing this for the sake of the Kingdom of Science. If you have a problem with it, then just leave! I don't need you to hold me back!" He said, glaring at me with his hands on his hips. My eyes widened at what he said.

"Y-You... I-I can't believe y-you'd say something like that..." I said. I can feel tears slowly building in my eyes. But Senku didn't seem to regret what he said. I shake my head and choke out a sob. I turn around and runs away.

I can't believe Senku would say that to me. Didn't he know that I'm a human too... I have feelings! Why'd he say that?? How could he?

*to be continued*