Chapter 45

Previously on Chapter 44

"See you around, Senku..." I said. The call ended and I place the microphone down. I let out a sigh and turn my head to look out the tent. Coincidentally, my tent is facing the cave where Tsukasa is. My eyes soften as I stare at the cave.

What should I do now?

-Final Decision-

Y/N P.O.V

I open my eyes when the sunlight enters my tent. I turn my head slightly to see Mirai still asleep. I smile softly and gently run my hand through her blond locks. I lean down, placing a kiss on her forehead. I move out of the tent and stretch my body.

"Good morning, Y/N-Chan!" I hear someone said. I turn to the voice to see Yuzuriha, as she's walking towards me. I smile softly at the sight of my best-friend.

"Good morning, Yuzuriha-Chan..." I said. She smiles at me. "Everyone's ready to get moving back to the Kingdom of Science. Are you coming with us, Y/N?" She asked. My smile faltered as I think about it.

"I don't know, Yuzu-Chan... I mean, I want to. But I can't leave Tsukasa..." I said. She places a hand on my shoulder. "Don't you wanna help in bringing him back?" She asked. I think about what she said. It's an obvious fact that I want to help any way I could with the mission to bring Tsukasa back. But can I leave him?

"You should go, Nee-San..." I hear Mirai's soft voice said. I turn my head to see her standing by the tent, rubbing her eyes softly. I walk towards her and lean down, placing a hand on her head.

"What about you?" I asked. She smiles softly at me. "Everyone here will take care of me! You don't have to worry about me, Nee-San. Just promise me that you'll find that source of that light? So we can bring Nii-Chan back!" She said, smiling brightly at me. I smile at what she said and nod my head. I lift my pinky finger, letting her entwine her with mine.

"I promise. I'll find that source of light. I won't stop at anything. We'll bring Tsukasa back..." I said. She smiles and wraps her arms around my neck. I smile and hugs her back.

She pulls away, letting me stand up. I turn my head to look at Yuzuriha. "I'll visit Tsukasa first okay? I'll get ready after that" I said. She smiles and nods her head.

"Okay, Y/N-Chan... take all the time you'll need" she said. I smile softly and nod my head. I turn around and make my way to the flower field. I want to make a bouquet of flower for Tsukasa before leaving for the Kingdom of Science.

I sit down by the field and starts picking the flowers I need for the bouquet. As I start making arranging the flower, my mind went back to the times where I spend with Tsukasa. It was before the war and it was close to winter. But there's still flowers blooming. I remember making a flower crown for him.

Flashback

"Walk with me?" He said. I just smile and nod my head. He gestures me come along. I just quietly walk next to him. I don't know where he's going to take me. But I don't ask anything, just follows him.

Tsukasa ends up bringing me to a flower field. I take a seat on the grass. "I'm surprised there's still some flower field. We're already entering winter..." I said. Tsukasa just smiles at what I said.

"Yeah... not everything is covered in snow yet..." he said. I just smile and look around the place. I turn to look at the flowers and grin. I walk towards them and start to grab some.

I start working on making a flower crown. I turn my head and notice Tsukasa observing every move. "Is there something wrong? Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, with my hands still working on the flowers.

"Nothing... it's just fascinating the way you look so focus on making the flower crown" he said. I start to blush at what he said. I look away from him, keeping my attention on the flower crown.

Once it's done, I turn to look at Tsukasa. "Do you... mind?" I asked. He tilt his head slightly. "What?" He said. I gesture the flower crown to him. He let out a chuckle and moves a little closer towards me, with his head bend forward a little. I smile softly at him, and place the flower crown on his head.

"You look good, Tsukasa..." I said. He place a hand on the flower crown and chuckles. "Thanks" he said. I move near the tree and leans my back against it. I stare at the sky above us.

End of Flashback

That was also the day Tsukasa confessed his love for me. The day, it all changed. The day I found a man who truly love and cherish me. I remember how he promised and assures me. What he said to me that day.

I can treat you better, Y/N... his voice echoed in my head. My eyes saddened at the memory. He's true to his words. He kept his promise and treat me better from when I was with Senku. With him... I'm able to find what it means to be happy.

I shake my head. No, I shouldn't dwell on it too long. He will come back. One way or another. I'll stop at nothing to bring Tsukasa back. I want to be in his arms once again. I stand up after I'm done making the flower crown. I turn around and make my way towards the cave.

***

I make my way inside the cave. I replace the flower with the new one. I kneel down next to the freezer and lean my back against it.

"Hey, Tsukasa... how are you?" I said, in a soft voice. Of course, I didn't receive any respond. I bit my lips and place my head on the freezer. I close my eyes as I recall Tsukasa's smile.

I love you, Y/N... his voice echoed in my head. I hug myself, imagining my arms as Tsukasa. I can almost feel his arms around me. The feeling of his warmth. I smile softly to myself as I open my eyes. I turn my body to face the freezer as I kneel down in front of it. Tears starts to gather in my eyes.

"I miss you, Tsukasa. It's been hard without you by my side. But don't worry... I'll try my best to help the others to find that source of petrification light. I will bring you back. So you can hold me in your arms... just like how you used to. Hang in there until I come back, okay? I love you, Tsukasa... I truly do" I said. I place my hand on my lips and place it on the freezer. A tear escape my eyes, and drop on the freezer.

I move to stand up and make my way towards the entrance. I turn my head to look at the freezer one last time. "See you soon, Tsukasa..." I said. I turn around and walks away.

Till we meet again...

The End

A/N: hello Light!!! I'll end this book here. But don't worry! I'll continue the book after the 3rd season of Dr. Stone is released. Thank you for the love and support! Love ya~