Chapter 10

Previously on Chapter 9

I smile softly at her and leans down to pick up P/N, who's been trying to get my attention. I gently caress the back of his ear, earning a purring sound from him. I let out a soft giggle as he snuggles closer to my chest. I turn my head to look at the sky. Something is bothering my mind, but I don't know what it is.

-Making Gunpowder-

Y/N P.O.V

After a while of walking, we finally reach Hakone. It have a lot of hot spring. I turn to look at Yuzuriha and smiles excitedly. It's going to be the first bath after such a long time.

We split the hot spring in half, Taiju and Senku will be occupying one side... while Yuzuriha and I will be on the other side. I gently dip my body inside the hot spring, sighing in content as the hot water engulf my body. Yuzuriha enters the hot spring after me.

"It feels nice to have a bath after so long, doesn't it, Yuzuriha?" I said. She turns to look at me and nods her head in agreement. She have a soft smile on her face, which makes me let out a soft giggle.

I turn my head and notice Senku has left the hot spring. He's gathering some sulfur. I smile softly at the sight of him. He looks so happy.

"So, Y/N-Chan..." Yuzuriha said. I turn to look at her. "Yeah?" I asked, tilting my head slightly. "How's your relationship with Senku going?" He asked. I let out a sigh and look down.

"Same as always. He's being cold towards me" I said. She gives me a sympathetic smile. She reaches over, and pat my shoulder gently. "It will be fine, Y/N-Chan. You're his first ever girlfriend... and as far as I've known Senku, he isn't the type of person to show his emotions much, especially when it comes to love" she said. I just give her a small smile and nod my head.

I hear Taiju calling out for Yuzuriha. I take that as the time for me to get out, to let the two of them have some privacy. I put my clothes back on and make my way towards Senku.

He turns to look at me. "Lend me the tools... I'll help you" I said, smiling softly at him. He nods his head and hands me another hammer. I start to collect the sulfur.

***

Now that Yuzuriha and Taiju finished their shower, it's finally time for us to start making the gunpowder we need to bring Tsukasa down. Senku starts to list down the steps needed to make the gunpowder.

"Now all we have to do is pound it until it's packed solid" Senku said, holding a wood. Taiju grabs a boulder. "Leave the heavy lifting to me!" He said. Yuzuriha quickly stops him.

"What if you set it off like flint??" She said. Senku let out a chuckle. "You can't set it off with a rock..." he said. Taiju walks forward and starts pounding at it. I think about it for a moment.

"Senku... don't volcano have iron pyrite??" I said. His eyes widened at what I said. "Wait, Taiju!" He yelled out. But Taiju already pound on it. There's a spark as we stare at it in horror.

Senku quickly shields me as we rush away from the explosion. I just stare at the black smoke that came after the explosion in horror. That's what we'd use to fight Tsukasa??

"Wow. I didn't know gunpowder would be so strong" I said. Yuzuriha who lands next to me also stares at the smoke in shock. "That's what we'll fight Tsukasa with?" She asked. Senku assures that we won't kill him. It's only to act as a leverage to negotiate with him, because Tsukasa isn't a mindless killer.

We work on extinguishing the smoke, because we don't want to risk having Tsukasa figure out where we are. I help Yuzuriha getting some water from the spring. I look forward and gasp.

"Senku, Taiju, Yuzuriha..." I said, earning the others attention. Senku walks up next to me and stares into the distance. "A smoke signal" he said. I turn to look at him with a worried expression.

"Do you think it's Tsukasa?" I asked. He turns to me and shakes his head. "No, Tsukasa's from the other direction. Besides, he doesn't have a reason to show us his location..." he said. "Which means..." Taiju said.

"Yeah, this is exhilarating. There's another human in the stone world aside from us" he said. I turn to look at the smoke in hope. "Right, we have to extinguish the smoke" Taiju said.

"Wait... as far as that person knows, it could be the volcano..." Senku said. I turn to look at him with a worried expression. "But if we light it up. We'd be telling Tsukasa where we are" I said. He nod his head at what I said.

"It's a double edged sword.." he said. Taiju stares at him. "What should we do, Senku?" He asked. I turn to look at Senku, waiting for him to decide. He turns to look at us with determination in his eyes.

"Light it up! Fire the smoke signal!" He said. I nod my head and throws some blackpowder. There's 3 explosions. I turn my head and notice 3 more smoke signals. There's other people here!!

"We're almost out of the blackpowder. Go and collect anything that burns!" Senku said. Both Yuzuriha and Taiju runs off to gather some firewood. I kneel down next to Senku.

"What do you think this person is like? I wonder if there's more than one person..." I said. Senku turns to look at me. "That's what we're about to find out..." he said. I smile softly at him and nod my head.

I feel a presence behind me. I turn my head and see Yuzuriha, being held captive by Tsukasa. My eyes widened at the sight. "Yuzuriha-Chan!" I said, as I stand up and face them. Tsukasa just stares at me, not saying anything. But I could have sworn I can see his eyes softening at the sight of me.

"Tsukasa... let her go. Don't hurt her" I said. He just ignore me and turn to look at Senku, waiting for him to do something. But as always, Senku remain calm and indifferent.

"When one uses science to create a weapon, that's when the 'strongest' man is no longer the most powerful. You look like you're about to throw some tantrum, Tsukasa..." he said.

"Yeah, I suppose that is an accurate way of putting it" he said. He starts going on about if Senku revive the human civilization, things would go back to the way it was.

"I don't mind getting my hand dirty... if that's what it takes to stop that from happening" Tsukasa said. I let out a shaky breath at what he said. I can already tell where this is going.

"And by that... you mean killing Senku the Science Man, right?" Senku said. How can he acted so calm and collected when his life is on the line? Just what is going on inside his mind?

"I'm sure the whole world would be moved to tears by your merciful death sentence..." he said, letting out a soft chuckle. I just stare at him with worry. I can't believe he's so calm and even able to laugh at a situation like this. I have to do something to prevent this. I don't wanna lose Senku.

*to be continued*