Chapter 30

Previously on Chapter 29

I look down and shake my head while letting out a low chuckle. I turn to look at him, with the coldest stare I could muster. I tilt my head slightly.

And why should I?

-You've Changed-

Y/N P.O.V

Chrome stares at me in disbelief. "Why should I?" I repeated. "Are you... are you hearing yourself right now?? You're asking me for a reason to come back to your own home?" He said, staring at me as if I have just gone insane.

"Home? Why should I consider that place as my home?"I asked. He gaped at what I said. "What happened to you, Y/N? You've changed" He asked. I scoff and shake my head at what he said.

"What a broken heart did to me... now it's your turn to give me an answer. Why should I return to Senku, when HE was the one who wanted me gone!" I said, while glaring at him. Chrome just stares at me. He looks speechless.

"You don't remember what he said? Well, let me help you. 'I'm only doing this for the sake of the Kingdom of Science. If you have a problem with that, then just leave. I don't need you to hold me back!' That's what he said to me. He never appreciated me. All the things I did, for HIM... he never appreciate it. So... WHY should I stay where I'm not accepted?!" I spat angrily.

"Here? I've been looking after these people. Helping the ones who are injured and nurse them back to health... and they appreciate me" I said. Everyone let out an agreement cheers. I smile softly at them and turn to look at Chrome.

"We did too! You've also been looking after us, Y/N. It's not true if you say we don't appreciate you..." he said. I shake my head. "I'm not just talking about the help I've been giving. I'm also talking about how Senku... never appreciate me as his 'girlfriend.' All the things I did... are always wrong in his eyes!" I said. I take a deep breath to calm down.

"I'm also a human... I want to feel accepted and love. There's someone here who's able to do that..." I said. Chrome stares at me in confusion. "Someone here... what do you mean?" He asked. I smiles at what he said.

"Someone here loves me. He make me feel accepted, love and safe" I said. His eyes widened at what I said. "Someone... w-who?" He asked. I walk forward and stand next to Tsukasa. I gently slip my hand in his. He turns to me and smiles softly.

He leans down and places a soft kiss on my forehead. I smile and stand on my toes, placing a quick peck on his lips. I pull away and smile at him. I turn to look at Chrome to see him staring at me in disbelief.

"Him??!" He said, pointing at Tsukasa. I just smile at what he said. "Yeah, him... you have a problem with that?" I asked. He shakes his head at what I said.

"He killed Senku! Well... at least tried to. But you know how dangerous he is! You can't be serious, Y/N!" He said. I walk towards him and stares at him, right in the eyes with a deadly glare.

"Tsukasa said he loves me... and he's not ashamed to show it. Even everyone here knows he do" I said. The others let out a yell of agreement. I smile at them and turn to look at Chrome.

"While on the other hand, your beloved chief, Senku. He decided to hide our relationship, just because he wants to join the tournament! And instead of understanding my worries, which I was right. He did ended up getting married to Ruri, right? But he divorced her... don't ask me how I know. I just have my ways to find out" I said, while still glaring at Chrome. I scoff at the look he's giving me.

"The point is, he disregard my feelings. Instead, he told me to get lost. He never care about me. He didn't even care about my well being. Along with the fact that I nearly died" I said. I move my shirt aside to reveal the scar the lioness inflicted on me. Chrome let out a gasp at the sight of my scar.

"A group of lionesses attacked me. One of them gave me this scar. I fell off the cliff and nearly drowned. Tsukasa saved my life... even though I wished I was dead instead. Tsukasa convinced me that I'm worth it. That I deserve to live... and that I deserve better. He treats me better. I'm happier to be here... to be with him. I bet Senku is happy that I'm gone, right?" I said.

"No, Y/N. He's not happy... he beat himself for the way he made you leave..." he said. I just scoff at what he said. "Well, that's too bad for him, for he have lost me. I'm not going to come back to him, ever. This is my home and this is where I'll stay, with Tsukasa" I said. I take a few steps backward, until I stand next to Tsukasa. He wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"You can take care of him, Hyoga... I don't wanna waste my breath on him. Oh, and Tsukasa... I'll be in our cave and get some rest, okay? Come back when you're done. I need your cuddle" I said. Tsukasa turn to me and smiles at what I said.

"Of course, honey... I won't let you wait for too long" he said. He leans down and kisses my cheek. I smile softly at him and turn to look at Chrome, who stares back at me... looking crestfallen. I just roll my eyes at him and turns around, walking away without saying anything else.

I enter the cave I share with Tsukasa. I walk towards the bed and sit down. I pull my knees closer to my chest and burst into tears. I choke out a sob as I hug myself, desperate for comfort.

I thought that I'm finally okay. But seeing Chrome right here... reminds me of the man who broke my heart. The man whom I loved, but never appreciate me. As much as I keep telling myself that I'm okay. That this pain will disappear. It still hurts me. Why, why do I have to feel this way again? Why can't I just be happy? Am I not allowed to be happy??

*to be continued*