Chapter 24

Previously on Chapter 23

Aside from the way he's acting towards me. I'm more surprised that he didn't mention about Senku... not even once. It's like, he somehow knew that I don't want to talk about him. Yuzuriha told me that he still doesn't know that Senku is alive. But I thought he'd at least ask about Senku. But he didn't and I wonder why?

-He Knew-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a few days since I first woke up here. To be honest, this place seem a lot better than I thought it'd be. I was half-expecting the way a caveman live. But they're quite civilized. Obviously, it's no where near to the world Senku is aiming to achieve.

Yuzuriha and Taiju take me to the place they set a fake grave for Senku. I just stare at the cross sign. I kneel down with them and pray. I hope Senku will be alright where he is right now. Even though he hurt me. I still love him.

I turn my head to look at Yuzuriha to see her already staring at me. "Are you done?" She asked. I smile at her and nod my head. We get up and head back to the base.

I notice a man wearing a mask walking inside the cave where Tsukasa's throne is. Yuzuriha have told me about him. His name is Hyoga. He and Tsukasa have the same agreement of their view about the new world.

I feel threatened with his presence. Even P/N acts a bit timid with him around. "Everything Gen told you was a lie. The village have gained a significantly good amount of scientific technology, and Senku-Kun is alive..." he said. Tsukasa's eyes went wide at what he said. It makes me feel worried. I don't think I want to know what is on his mind right now.

***

It's now night time. But I couldn't sleep. So I just sit outside the cave. I stare at the sky above me, silently. The soft breeze of the wind gently brushed my hair. The only light I have is from the stars and the moon.

"Can't sleep?" Someone said, making me jump at the voice. I turn my head to see Tsukasa. "No..." I said, shaking my head. He walks over to me, standing. I just watch his action.

"Do you mind if I join you?" He asked. I shake my head, allowing him to sit down. I scoot away a little to give him space on the log. I hug my knees closer to my chest.

"Are you cold?" He asked. I just smile at him. "Kind of..." I said. He take off his lion mane, gently draping it around my shoulder. I frown at what he did. "You have no shirt. Won't you be cold?" I said. He smiles at what I said and shakes his head.

"I'll be fine. You need it more than I do. So just keep it on, okay?" He said. I let out a sigh, knowing he's not going to let me argue. I just wrap it around me properly.

"Thanks..." I said, smiling at him. I turn my head to look at the sky again. I don't know what to talk, so I just stay silent.

"So... Senku's alive, huh?" Tsukasa said. I turn my head to look at him. I just stare at him and turn to look away. I knew at some point, he won't be able to resist to talk about Senku. So I'm not surprised that he would talk about him.

"Did something happened between you both?" He asked. I turn to look at him with a surprised face. "Why'd you ask that?" I asked. He shrugs and stare at me in the eyes.

"I can't help but notice your eyes saddening when I mention his name..." he said. I just turn to look at P/N who walks towards me. He snuggle up next to me. I lift my hand, gently caressing his head.

"What happened? Don't talk if it bothers you, Y/N... only talk if you feel comfortable" he asked. I just give him a pained smile. "He..." I started. I blink my eyes rapidly, trying to stop myself from crying.

"He broke up with me, telling me he don't need me and told me to leave..." I said. Tsukasa frowns at what I said. He gently place a hand on the crook of my neck, pulling me close to his side. I froze at his gesture. But relaxes after a while. Tears starts to fall from my eyes as I start to cry softly.

Tsukasa P.O.V

Senku is such a foolish man. He chose science over someone like Y/N. He's really stupid for someone who have a wide knowledge about science. He isn't aware how jealous I am of him for having Y/N who truly loves him.

But I'm kind of glad that he neglect Y/N. So she will stop loving someone like him. Maybe then, I'll have a chance to be with her. The truth is, I've always been in love with Y/N.

Ever since the day I met her. I've always notice how gentle her eyes are. How soft her smile and the way she acted around people. I fall in love with her character, and beauty... and I swear that I will treat her better than Senku ever have. She won't feel neglected with me.

I move Y/N slightly when I hear a soft snore coming from her. Her eyes are close, and her breathing are slowly and steady. I smile softly as she sleeps. But the smile on my face turns into a frown when I see the tears on her cheeks.

I lift my hand, gently placing my hand on her cheek. I wipe the tears away from her cheeks. She moves a little which makes me move my hand. She eventually relaxes a little and continue to sleep.

A smile appear on my face. She's truly beautiful. I'll take care of her. I'll try my best to win her heart and I swear on everything that she will always feel love and happy.

I gently place my hand on the back of her knees, the other one on her back. I scoop her up in my arms and make my way towards her cave. I lay her down on the makeshift bed. I notice her shivering a little. I drape the blanket on her body, along with my lion mane. It's close to winter, so it's pretty cold here. I have to make sure she'd stay warm, so she won't fall sick.

I move the hair that covers her beautiful face. I smile softly as a small pout starts to form on her lips. I want to kiss her but that would mean I'm taking an advantage on her. I have to respect that she's still in pain because of that idiot. I lean down, placing a soft kiss on her forehead softly.

I smile and stand up. I make my way towards the entrance. I turn to look at her and smiles once more. I move the curtain aside and walks out of the cave, letting Y/N have her rest.

I'll treat you better, Y/N...

*to be continued*