Chapter 18

Previously on Chapter 17

I turn my head to look at the three. But those three seem to like the ramen. I turn to look at Senku as he turns to me with a grin. I grin as well and nod. This should work! We'll gain more manpower using this ramen.

-A Flimsy Alliance-

Y/N P.O.V

Chrome pulls the ramen cart we've created by the bridge. Suika climbs on top of the cart and start to play some tune using a shell. I turn my head and grin when people starts coming across the bridge.

"They're coming, Senku!" I cheered happily. Senku start to prepare the first bowl of ramen, handing it to Ganen. He take the first bite and starts to eat it. I grin happily when everyone starts to eat their own portions. They all seem to like it.

"Wow, the feedback is awesome. Everyone is coming over" Kohaku said. I grin and nod my head. I turn my head to look at Senku and sweat-dropped at the expression he's making.

"I'll just work them to death according to the portion they ate" he said. I let out a sigh and shake my head. "You sound like a villain. Why do you like him again, Y/N?" Kohaku said, turning to look at me. I turn to her and laugh softly.

"You'll understand when you fall in love..." I said. She just shrugs her shoulders at what I said. "Uh Huh... I doubt that" she said. I shake my head and laughs softly.

"Ah, this is making me thirsty for a drink. Let's say, cola..." someone said. I furrow my eyebrow at what the person said. I turn my head, noticing a guy in purple robe.

"Cola?" Senku said. Kohaku turns to look at the two of us. "Do you know him?" She asked. I just shake my head at what she said. "No..." I said. Kohaku call out to the two guards.

"Let me out this in simple word... enemy" she said. The three of them quickly surrounds the person. "Answer this honestly, or I'm going to slit your throat right here and now. Are you one of the long haired man underlings?" She said, threateningly.

"Hey, I wouldn't mind being taken out by a cute girl like you. But I think you've mistaken me with other person. I don't know any long haired man. I've been on my own ever since I was un-petrified..." he said, turning around to look at us. I take a moment and observe his appearance.

"Ah... now I see why I've seen you before. You're Asagiri Gen..." I said. Kohaku turns to look at me. "Are you acquaintance?" She asked. I turn to look at her and shakes my head.

"Nope... not at all" I said. Senku places his hands on his hips, staring at the new comer with a suspicious stare. "He's just someone who wrote a trashy book about psychologist" Senku said.

"You've read my book? I'm happy... though calling it trashy hurts though. Call me a mentalist. Look, I'm sorry for taking the ramen. I was only trying to look for something to eat, when the nostalgic smell of the ramen reaches my nostrils..." he starts talking. But I can see him not being scared at all. He can lie right through his teeth. We have to be cautious of this guy.

"Sure, whatever. I'll take your word for it. But either way, there's no such thing as free lunch. Everyone who's had ramen... have some works to do" Senku said, with a smirk on his face.

***

Everyone starts working their ass off. I stare at them with a guilty expression, knowing they have no idea what they've gotten themselves into when they first eat the ramens. But now, they have to work so hard like that.

Senku walks up behind Gen. "Asagiri Gen... how're Taiju and Yuzuriha?" He said. I turn my head to look at the guy. "Ah... you hoped to make me talk while I am busting my butts off. You have a nerve, pulling a trick like that on a mentalist. But don't worry, Taiju seem to have a bottomless pit of strength. You know that, don't you, Senku-Chan?" He said, turning to look at Senku.

Kohaku rushes over towards us, holding a knife. "He is definitely with the long haired man. Should I kill him?" She said. I turn to look at her and shake my head. Senku do the same.

"Wait, idiot. Asagiri Gen, you 10 billion percent knew I was trying to make you talk. So why do you suddenly admit that you're with Tsukasa?" He asked. Gen is silent for a few moment.

He turns to look at us with a smile. "The tides have turned now that I've seen this" he said, turning his head to look at the iron mill furnace. I raise my eyebrow as I stare at him suspiciously.

Senku's wearing a leather apron to protect himself from the boiling hot molten iron. He pours the iron into the mold. Now we just have to wait for it to cool down.

"My job is to confirm you're dead. If I go to Tsukasa-Chan. 'Senku-Chan's alive' that simple report will be the downfall of yours... but if I tell him you're dead, you'll be safe..." Gen said. I turn my head to look at him.

He starts to list down what he'd gain from the two sides. In the end, he claims that he's still side with Tsukasa's empire. Kohaku looks calm, but I can feel the anger radiating from her as she approach Gen.

"Asagiri Gen, was it? A shallow bat like you should either be killed or imprisoned" she said, holding two knifes in her hands. Gen have both of her arms up, face as pale as paper.

"Waahhh... scary!" He yelled out. Senku let out a soft chuckle at him. "Don't worry, once you've seen what I made with my iron. You'd 10 billion percent want to join the Kingdom of Science" he said. Gen turns to look at him.

"What? Are you trying to impress me with a katana?" He said, sounding doubtful and judging with both of his arms inside his sleeves. Senku stops climbing the ladder and turn to look at him.

"A generator..." he said. Gen's face turns pale and shock at what he said. "A g-generator?! E-Eriously-Say? That's so not possible!" He said. I shake my head and grin at him.

"Don't underestimate Senku, Gen..." I said. I turn around and make my way inside the shed. "He's not even listening, damn..." Chrome said. I tilt my head a little, wondering what they're talking about.

I notice Senku holding native copper in his hand. I let out a chuckle, already catching on what they might be talking about. Chrome probably didn't want to ruin the copper, but Senku probably didn't listen. I mean... I'm not surprised. Senku rarely ever listens to people. That's just how he is.

*to be continued*