Chapter 44

Previously on Chapter 45

Yuzuriha walks over to me, gently wrapping her arms around me. I lean my head on her shoulder. She runs her hand through my hair as I try my best to control my emotions. I want you back, Tsukasa. Please come back.

-Hot Air Balloon-

Y/N P.O.V

Everyone is working together on sewing the cloths to make the hot air balloon. I sit next to Yuzuriha as I sew the cloth. Back in the modern day, I usually help her with her crafts. So I'm kinda used to it now.

I hear a wince. I turn my head to see Yo have pricked his finger for God knows many time. I just shake my head. I can hear Magma making fun of him. How the modern people are a bunch of snot kids or such.

Magma gasps in shock when he sees the speed Yuzuriha is going with her cloth, making Yo acting all smug. I let out a sigh and shakes my head at their constant bickering. These people always argues. It's getting annoying.

***

A few more weeks have passed. The hot air balloon is finally complete. It's finally time to fly into the air to make the new map. Now, we just have to figure out how to make Ryusui joins in the flight without him claiming the air balloon.

This leads to Gen playing a little mind trick, using a deck of cards. The one pulling out the joker will be the one going on a ride with the hot air balloon. One by one they take a shot, but none of them have any luck.

Ryusui steps forward, with confidence. He thinks he can succeed in pulling out the joker. But it isn't. I just watch as Gen pulls out the joker from his right sleeve. Ryusui looks shocked at what happened. I let out a laugh as Senku acts along with Gen. Ryusui ended up dumping a lot of dragos to get the joker card.

"We're suppose to be paying him. How did it get to this?" Taiju said. Yuzuriha looks pale as she watch Gen laughing like a maniac in front of the stacks of dragos.

"I'm scared of Gen-Kun..." she said, her voice is a little shaky. I just shake my head, giggling softly. Now we just need to choose the last one to join the first flight in the new world.

"Okay... who's interested?" Gen said, turning around to face the crowd. "Me!! I'm DEAD INTERESTED!!" Someone yelled out, making me jump at the sound. I look up to see Chrome on a higher ground than us. I stare at him in surprise.

"Chrome?? Did you run all the way here?" I asked. He just grins at me. He makes his way towards Gen. Gen just smiles and offers the deck of cards towards him. Chrome stares nervously at the card. But I just smile, knowing Gen will let Chrome win the joker.

Chrome cheers in happiness. He seem so excited to be able to go with Senku and Ryusui. I can't blame him. It's the first time for him to have a chance to see the world from far above. So it makes sense for him to be so hyped.

***

As the sun is about to rise. It's the time they will be taking off. I don't know why Senku picked so early in the morning. But I didn't question him either. I'm sure that he have a plan.

I make my way to Senku who's making sure things are organized well. "Senku..." I said. He turns to me and smiles softly. "Yes, Y/N?" He said. I walk up to him and gently wrap my arms around his torso. He froze at my sudden gesture. But he relaxes and hugs me back.

"Stay safe, okay?" I said, pulling away from the hug. He smiles softly and me and places a hand on top of my head. He gently ruffle my hair.

"I will try..." he said. I just smile softly at him and take a few steps away. He turns around and get on the air balloon with Chrome and Ryusui. He waved at me. I return the gesture. I watch in silence as the air balloon starts to float.

Chrome yelled out in amazement, making me giggle softly at his excitement. "Enjoy the flight!!" I yelled out, waving at them. Chrome turn to look at me and waves back. The air balloon starts to descent higher into the sky, until all that I can see if just a speck of dot.

Time-skip

I make my way towards the tent where the cell phone is. I want to make sure that Senku arrives safely back to the village. He's not just the only hope for me to get Tsukasa back. But he's also someone precious to me. He's my best friend now. He might hurt me in the past. But the past is past. Let by gone be by gone, and I've forgiven him.

The phone starts to ring. I quickly pick it up. I bit my lips nervously. "Senku?" I said, hesitantly. Please let it be him. I let out a gasp when I hear the sound of a familiar laughter.

"Senku... thank goodness you're okay" I said. He let out a chuckle once again. "Hey, Y/N. Yeah... I'm fine" he said. I smile softly, feeling relieved that my friend is okay.

"Did the flight went smoothly? Nothing major?" I asked. He's silent for a moment, making me think the call have ended. But the sound of his breathing told me otherwise.

"To be honest... not really. We got caught up in a storm. But we're lucky enough to be able to her out of it. The only bad news is, we're officially out of the revival fluid. So we can forget about reviving anyone for a long time until we can find a way to make the nitric acid" he said. I just sighs at what he said. I can tell that he's feeling a little disheartened after the miracle cave got destroyed.

"You're okay, Senku... that's what matters. I'm sure we can find a way to create nitric acid" I said. I hear Senku letting out a sigh on the other side of the line. "Yeah, you're right. I don't have time to get all upset and mop around. We will find a way... just like you said. Thank you for your reassurance, Y/N. I really wished that there was a chance for us..." he said. I just stay silent at the last sentence he said.

"I'm sorry. Please don't let my word burdens you. I made the mistake, and it's my consequences that I need to face..." he said. I just hum softly, making sure that it's loud enough for Senku to hear.

"It's late, Y/N. You should probably get some sleep. I'm guessing you and the others will get on the move to return to the Kingdom of Science. You... you're are coming back here, right?" He said. My mind went back to Tsukasa, who's still inside the cave. There's no way I'm able to leave him.

"I don't know Senku... I... I can't leave Tsukasa..." I said. I hear him letting out a sigh once again. "Right. I'm sorry I asked. I'll respect whatever choice you make, Y/N... I'll see you around" he said. I just let out a soft laugh.

"See you around, Senku..." I said. The call ended and I place the microphone down. I let out a sigh and turn my head to look out the tent. Coincidentally, my tent is facing the cave where Tsukasa is. My eyes soften as I stare at the cave.

What should I do now?

*to be continued*