𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝑻𝒐 𝑫𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒓 - Chapter One

❂ ❂ ❂

The drive was a long difficult one. Especially knowing everything you worked hard for has gone to waste. You were angry and sad and nervous. Currently, you decided not to be on speaking terms with your father as a sign of rebellion.

You love your father, but you were upset at the fact that he was all like, 'Oh let me ruin my daughter's life and all her hard work just to move to Denver just because my wife cheated on me.' Well- he didn't exactly say that....- uh fine, he didn't say that at all. You knew you were being over dramatic but at this moment, you didn't really care.

Currently, you were in the truck with your father with bags piled up in the back. You were sitting in the front passenger's seat, looking out the window with a grim look on your face. Your father would glance at you every few seconds, not really liking the silent treatment from his daughter, in fact it's killing him.

He cleared his throat, slightly catching your uninterested attention. Your dad sent you an awkward smile before speaking. "Honey, I know you're upset that we're moving, but this will be a great opportunity to get a fresh start." You roll your eyes, slightly muttering to yourself. Your father continued once he knew you weren't going to answer. "Listen I know it's difficult, but please give it time and give it a chance, please? Can you do that for me?"

You looked down at your slightly trembling hands letting out small shaky sigh. You slowly look at your dad, who's attention was on the road but you knew he was still listening to you. "Fine, I guess I'll give it a chance." Your dad smiled in victory, before reaching his hand over to ruffle your hair. You felt a small smile form on your lips before quickly going back to your stoic face. You looked up to see a big blue sign saying; 'Welcome to Denver.' As minutes go by, you start to see more and more houses.

You see many kids of all ages, riding their bikes around laughing. You slightly smile at the sight of a small girl hugging what seems to be her younger brother. You saw a boy ridding his bike with his dog, throwing newspapers at each house. He looked up to see you looking at him through the window of your truck, he gave you a smile and a wave in which you returned.

After a couple minutes, your dad pulled into the driveway of a house that you assumed was yours and his. Your dad turned off the car and got out, you following his lead as-well. You grabbed several bags from the back and walked up to your new house. It was pretty nice to say the least. Suddenly you heard this excited voice. "Look Finney, we have new neighbors!" You turned towards the voice to see a young girl with braids looking at you in excitement. A boy stood behind her, smiling awkwardly.

The girl walked up to you, holding her hand out. "Hi, I'm Gwen Blake and that's my brother Finney." The girl now known as Gwen greeted, as you shook her hand. You smiled. "Nice to meet you, I'm Y/n l/n." Gwen's smile widened before she went back next to her brother, who couldn't stop staring at you. "Anyways we have to go run some errands, bye Y/n!"

You waved goodbye, watching the duo walk away. You enter the house, slightly humming to yourself. A smile placed itself onto your lips. 'Maybe living here won't be so bad'

End Of Act Two