𝑨 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝑺𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 - Chapter Two

❂ ❂ ❂

Two days have passed since you and your dad moved to Denver. You hate to admit it but, you've actually started to like Denver. The people here are really nice and friendly.

Two families had already brought over casseroles and homemade brownies, in which your dad is already half way done with.

You haven't had the chance to talk to Finney and Gwen yet, which strangely you felt a bit disappointed about.

Currently, you were sitting on your bed reading a book. Clothes and your other necessities laid all around you, since you always became distracted about putting your stuff away.

Suddenly, light tapping was heard at your door causing you to look up from your book. Your dad entered your room, smiling. But once he saw the mess, his smile instantly dropped. He sighed before pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Y/n, we've only been here for two days and yet, your room is already a big mess."

You shrugged, not really paying much mind to it. You set down your book before getting up from your bed.

"Did you want to talk to me about something?" You asked your father, who instantly remembered the matter he wanted to talk to you about before seeing the room his demonic child already got messy.

"Yes, I just wanted to tell you that your going to school tomorrow." He spoke, excitement laced in his deep voice. While your dad was all excited, you were exactly the opposite.

You felt a frown tug at your lips before folding your arms. "It's only been two days, and you're already sending me to school?"

Your dad sighed once again before walking towards you. He placed his large, calloused hand on your shoulder before speaking. "I'm sorry, but you have to go to school. I already told the principal you'd be there tomorrow."

You sighed, before reluctantly nodding your head. "Alright dad, I'll go but what about my school supplies?" You questioned, looking up at him. He just smiled. "Don't worry I already got that all taken care of."

"Alright." You replied before heading back to your bed. Your dad walked towards your bedroom door before stopping. He turned towards you.

"You know I love you, right?"

You felt a smile form on your lips as you looked up at your dad. "I know, you tell me everyday. And I love you dad. I'm glad your my dad."

Your father smiled, walking over to you. He placed a kiss on your head before exiting the room. You picked up your book and continued reading, your smile not once faltering.

❂ ❂ ❂

Morning came as the morning sun rays shined onto your face, making you slightly groan. You sat up, stretching your back. Groaning like a zombie, you pulled your bed covers off of you before letting your feet meet the cold wooden floor, causing you to slightly jolt.

You got up and walked towards your pile of clothes. Throwing the clothes you don't feel like wearing to the side, you finally found the perfect outfit for the first day of school.

The outfit was simple, since you didn't want to go ALL out. You changed and quickly did your morning routine before making your way to the living room.

You saw your backpack resting on a chair with a note attached to it. You picked the note up, immediately knowing it was from your father due to the handwriting.

Sorry I wasn't here to
say good-morning
to you, I had to go to
work. But I made sure to
pack your stuff for school
to make it up to you.
I love you
and have a great first
day of school!

-love dad

You smiled before grabbing your backpack and heading out the front door. You walked down the pathway, feeling confident about today. Suddenly, you stopped. You didn't know where the school was. "Shit, should've thought about it."

"Y/n?" You turned towards the sound of someone saying your name to see Gwen and Finney standing on the sidewalk. You smiled and walked over to them. "Hey guys."

"Hey Y/n! I know it's been only a few days since we last saw you, but it felt like an eternity!" Gwen exclaimed in an over dramatic tone. You chuckled. You've only seen this girl twice and she is already attached to you.

You ruffled her hair. "It has felt like that, huh? Anyways you guys off to school?" You asked, watching Gwen nod excitedly. "Yeah! Are you going to school as-well?"

"Yeah... but I don't know which way to go..." Gwen smiled brightly. "Here we'll show you, come on!" Gwen grabbed your hand and started excitedly making her way down the sidewalk, dragging you along with her. You smiled at Finney awkwardly.

"Gwen you shouldn't drag her around like she's an object!" Finney spoke, scolding his younger sister. Gwen let go of you and looked up guiltily at you. "Sorry..." You quickly shook your head.

"N-no it's alright!" You turned towards Finney to see him stare intently at you, but immediately looked away once you caught him staring at you, blushing. "You alright?" You asked the nervous boy who fiddled with his fingers.

"Y-yeah, I just wanted to tell you that you look really nice today!" Finney stuttered looking down nervously. You felt your stomach flip at the boy's compliment. "Thank you..."

Gwen looked back at the two of you, raising an eyebrow. "Finney, stop flirting with Y/n!" This caused Finney's ears to go red.

You laughed, watching Finney send glares at his little sister. After several minutes, the sound of chatter filled the air as the three of you approached the school.

"We're here!" Gwen spoke, excitedly looking at you.

You smiled at her before scanning the school. The three of you walked towards the entrance of the school. You heard kids whispering to each other as you passed by, making you feel a bit uncomfortable.

Finney took notice of it and placed his hand on your shoulder, sending you a smile. This helped calm down your nerves.

"Finney!" You heard a voice call out, watching as a boy wearing a bandana walked over to the three of you with a toothy grin. But the boy immediately stopped in his tracks and looked at you. Instead of heading towards Finney, he walks towards you.

"Hello, are you the new girl who just recently moved here?" The boy spoke, giving you a smile. You nod, not really knowing what to say.

The boy holds his rough hand out for you to shake, which you accept.

"Im Robin, Robin Arellano and who might you be, beautiful?"

End Of Act Three