𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒂𝒍 - Chapter Twenty-Four

❂ ❂ ❂
I just wanted to give a special shout-out to vances_pinballmoney , for always supporting me. They have always helped me stay motivated, and I'm so thankful for that. Thank you so much again! Also, if you fellow readers don't mind, please go check out their stories, they are an amazing author! Now onto the story!

The faint sound of ticking sounded in the room as the sound of pencils scribbling and scratching against paper sounded all around the slightly tense classroom. Every few seconds, your eyes would glance up from your almost completed test paper and to the clock that rested tauntingly on the wall.

Your eyes glanced over to your teacher, who sat at her desk, grading with a look of exhaustion plastered on her face. Diverting your gaze, your e/c eyes land on a all too familiar boy. Bruce. He was seated directly next to you ironically, and hence, always takes this opportunity to hit on you. You let out a quiet chuckle to yourself as you went back to your social studies test.

After a couple minutes you heard a small 'pssst.' Rolling your eyes, you cautiously turn to the boy sitting next to you, with a look of slight irritation. Bruce was looking at you with pleading eyes that reminded you of a puppy's, as you let out a sigh, already getting an idea on what he is going to ask.

"Y/n, can you help me with the test? Pleaseee...?" Bruce whispered, slightly puckering his bottom lip out to get more of an effect on you. Scoffing, you roll your eyes once again.

"Seriously, Bruce? You didn't study, did you? Also my answer is no."

"But Y/n-" He quietly whined but was cut off by your harsh glare. Bruce pouted before slumping back against his chair. You slightly chuckled before swiftly and quietly slipping your test towards him.

"Fine. Only this once." You spoke, "But don't get the idea that I'll always help you with this, Bruce."

Bruce beamed before steadily taking your test into his hands and began copying down the answers. Smiling to yourself, you rest your head against the desk, feeling mentally drained. You couldn't stop thinking about Billy, and now you  realize how much you miss his smile.

Suddenly a firm knock was heard on the classroom's wooden door, causing many heads to peep up, followed by the creaking the hinges produced as the door opened. Two officers and a detective entered the room, as many gasps of excitement let out.

The teacher frowned, clearly displeased upon their arrival but nonetheless placed a tight smile on her face before getting up to greet the men. "Ah, hello. How may I help you?" The teacher asked, nervousness laced in her voice.

The detective lent the anxious teacher a charming smile before taking his hat off. "I'd just like to take one of your students, ma'am. Y/n L/n if you don't mind."

Almost every pair of eyes landed on you as you felt yourself swallow a big lump of saliva as you felt uneasiness dash away all inside you. The teacher gave a curt nod before signaling you to stand up, to which you did.

"Ms. L/n, please pack your bag." The detective spoke, his voice warm and inviting. You nod before gathering your stuff, feeling uncomfortable from your classmate's stares. Bruce worriedly stared at you as you walked over to the officers, who gave you a reassuring smile.

You felt Bruce's eyes trailed on you until you left the room, being guided out by the policemen and detective. The sounds of you and the other men accompanying you footsteps echoed all around the empty hall.

"Over here." The detective spoke, signaling over to a door. Forcing yourself to walk, you walked into a room that contained a medal table with two cold, medal looking chairs placed on either side.

You heard the door shut, as you turned around to see it just being you and the detective. "Sit." The detective softly spoke, coaxing you to sit down. Slowly and hesitantly, you sat down in one of the chairs, feeling yourself slightly shiver from the cold touch.

The detective sat down on the other chair, flashing you a smile to which you weakly and nervously returned. Slightly leaning forward, the detective held out his larger hand.

"My name is Detective Miller. It's nice to meet you Ms. L/n." He spoke in a friendly manner, beckoning for you to take his hand. Slowly, you place your hand into his, feeling himself shake yours. You didn't reply, keeping your mouth shut, as you nervously glanced at him. Detective Miller took notice of this and let go of your hand.

"It's alright you are not in trouble," He chuckled, "I'll explain to why you are here."

Ears peeking up, you slightly lean forward in anticipation, feeling your knee bounce. "So I'm well aware you are familiar with Billy and Griffin being reported missing, am I correct?" Miller asked, his eyebrows slightly furrowing.

Your frown deepens as you felt your heart pang at the thought of Billy. "Yes, I'm well aware of that." You mumbled, gently rubbing your forehead. Miller looked at you sadly before continuing.

"I have come here to propose something to you, Ms. L/n." He spoke, as your eyes perked up with curiosity.

"And that is...?"

"To help with the missing cases of Billy and Griffin." He spoke curtly as you felt yourself jump up in anticipation.

"W-wait really?" You asked as hope rushed all throughout you, as your eyes glimmered. Miller slightly chuckled and nodded.

"That is... if you want to."

You immediately nod but felt something tug inside your mind. Raising a curious brow, you settle yourself back down.

"But why are you asking me to help? What use am I to this?" You asked, searching Miller's face with narrowed eyes.

"Well reports have said you had a special relationship to Billy Showalter and on several accounts you two have been seen together."

Your eyes narrowed as you looked at Miller. With your lips lined thin, you arch a brow.

"Do you think I'm the one who is behind Billy and Griffin's disappearances? Are you trying to get me to help you to slowly and sneakily get answers out of me? To see if I'm the prime suspect?" You spoke, slight venom in your voice, "I'm not stupid. Why would you want me to help you, me, a young, arrogant teenage girl? What use do I have to you other than these two factors?"

Miller took in your words, slightly paling, his mouth slightly agape. However, a smile curls onto his lips as he let out deep chuckles.

"My, my. Ms. L/n, you sure are a sharp one, yes?" Miller chuckled, "I knew you'd be useful. However, can you blame me for suspecting you to being the suspect?"

You bit back your tongue from saying anything rash, but slowly let yourself nod. Miller's smile widened.

"However, Ms. L/n. I'd still like you to join me, for you'd be of great use. With your knowledge of Billy, it can help us get a lead. So what do you say?" Miller quizzed, holding out his hand, a look of danger glinting on his face.

With your eyes glued to his hand, a glint of excitement glitters in your eyes as your lips curl up into a smile. You reach over and roughly shake Miller's hand, a look of taunt placed on your features.

"I'm in."

End of Act Twenty-Five