𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑽𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒔 - Chapter Thirty-Two

❂ ❂ ❂
Woohooo! 11k reads?! I never thought this book would make it this far! Thank you all so much! <3

Your father proceeded to pace around the room. His rough hands held a large pile of missing posters. And your face was plastered on every single one. His e/c eyes raced around the room, but mostly landing on the lone phone. His lips were trembling as it was clear he had been crying. Suddenly he heard something loudly fall to the ground causing him to jump. His eyes shot over to a fallen picture frame. Letting out a small tired sigh, he placed the missing posters down and walked over to the picture frame. Kneeling down, he picked it up with his big, calloused hands. His eyes immediately widened at the picture. It was of young six year old you with pigtails, as you sat on your father's shoulders, with a bright beaming smile, holding a beat up teddy bear, who was missing its right eye. Your father had a bright, proud smile on his face in the photo, for its the day you won first place in a competition. Your father let out a small, sad chuckle as he brought the picture close to his chest as tears began to well up in his e/c eye. Choked sobs soon left the man's lips as his grip tightened. His big crocodile tears fell to the floor, soon forming a small river.

You were slowly awakened by the faint sound of people talking. The sound of Finney's voice slowly sank into your ears like black ink, as your eyes finally opened to be met with a stream of blinding light.

Your eyes fully open as as a tired groan slipped out of your parched lips. "My, my your friend seems to be awake."

Shaking yourself back into reality, you quickly sat up as a numb soreness gnawed through you. Your eyes scanned over to a distressed Finney and a sinister Grabber. You gulped.

"You can let us go." Finney speaks up, a slight waver in his fear-filled voice.

"I'm thinking about it."

"We promise not to tell anyone." Finney speaks in a slight pleasing voice as he scooted closer to the edge of the dirty mattress. "you can blindfold me drop us off, just promise to leave her alone."

Finney pauses, looking at you.

"But you guys have to tell me your name first." The Grabber spoke, tilting his head.

"Taylor. Taylor Muller." Finney lied smoothly, keeping his posture.

The man trailed his eyes over to you, as if telling you it was your turn. You let out a small shaky sigh.

"(Fake Name)." You spoke confidently, staring him down. The Grabber let out a disappointed sigh before dropping the tray, that you had just noticed, to the ground.

You jolt, as well as Finney. The Grabber pulled a newspaper from the pit of his arm and dramatically threw it towards the two of you. Finney scrambled down and picked it up.

"I was really starting to like you..." The Grabbed trailed off, clear disappointment present in his voice.

"Finney and Y/n." He spoke aggressively, anger laced in his voice.

You mentally face palmed at your stupidity as you watched with wide, fearful eyes. The Grabber kicked the tray to the side, throwing his hands up in defeat.

"And I almost let you go." And with that, he closes the door as the sounds of his footsteps faded away. Finney sat there, stunned as frustration took over his face.