𝑯𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝑯𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏! 🎃 - Chapter Fifteen

❂ ❂ ❂

Happy Halloween, y'all!!!! I can't believe I made it this far into this book with so much support!!! I love you all and I hope you all have a great Halloween (if you celebrate it) Happy Halloween 🎃

Halloween had finally arrived, as autumn leaves blew into the cold, early afternoon Halloween air. Right now you were helping your father help put up the finishing Halloween decorations. Yesterday, you and your had bonding time by carving pumpkins together.

"Do you want it here, or here, dad?" You questioned your father, holding up a ghost. Your father looked up from what he was doing and put a thinking face on.

"Hmmmm, over there." He replied pointing to the front of the porch. You nodded and carefully placed the pumpkin down.

"And... that should do it." Your dad spoke, his eyes scanning at the now decorated house. You smiled.

"It looks great."

Your dad smiled at your comment and pulled you into a side hug. "It only looks great because you helped me with it." Your father beamed, as you giggled.

"I'm heading inside." You spoke, pulling away. Your dad nodded, and continued to gaze at the decorated house. You walked inside and into your rather warm bedroom. On your bed lied your Halloween costume.

It was a circus ringmaster costume. You had the typical ringmaster coat and hat, along with a ruffle red and black skirt and knee high black socks. Your hand grazed the golden painted buttons that were neatly stitched into the red and black fabric.

You walked out of your room and walked towards the kitchen cause you were hungry after all that hard work. You spotted your dad at the counter, huddled over something. Raising an eyebrow, you flick the kitchen lights on, causing your dad to jump.

"What are you doing?" You asked, with a brow still raised, folding your arms.

"Uh. Nothing." Your father peeped, not turning around.

"Dad, turn around."

"Fine."

Your father's face was smeared with pumpkin pie and whip cream. You sighed.

"Really? That was for after dinner."

Your dad smiled awkwardly, shrugging slightly. You chuckled, shaking your head.

"But, sweetie, you make AMAZING pumpkin pie." Your father exclaimed, wiping his face with his sleeve.

"Anyways, I'm goin to get ready to pass out candy to trick or treaters." You spoke, walking towards your room.

"You're not going trick or treating?" Your father asked, as you shook your head.

"Nah, I'm too old."

Your father smiled sadly. "Ah, I remember your first Halloween, when we dressed you up as a teddy bear, you were so cute."

Your father paused and chuckled before continuing. "I remember how your mother didn't want you to have anymore candy, but with one look at your cute face, I couldn't resist. I'd sneak you some candy when your mother wasn't watching."

You laughed, feeling your heart slightly ache at the thought of your mother. "Anyways, you go get ready." Your father spoke, walking away. You headed towards your room, and gently closed your door.

You slumped against the door, staring at your white ceiling for minutes before snapping back into reality. Sighing, you get ready.

-TimeSkip-

"Trick or treat!"

Your eyes scanned the mingle of candy-hungry children, staring up at you with excitement glittering in their eyes. You placed a smile on your lips.

"Awh, aren't you all so adorable!" You exclaimed, reaching your hand into the orange bowl. A kid around the age of eight, frowned.

"I'm not cute! I'm suppose to be scary, cause I'm a pirate, argggg!" The boy pouted, showing you his hooked hand. You giggled, bending down to his level.

"My, you are a very scary pirate." The boys beamed at your reply, before holding his bag up.

Your hand grabbed a handful of candy, and you set several pieces of candy in each of the children's bag.

"Happy Halloween!" You called out to the retreating kids, as you closed the door once again.

***

The doorbell rings, as you got up to get the door. You opened the door, as you jumped back in surprise to see it was Finney.

"O-oh, Finney, Hey! What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I hope I'm not bothering you, but I just wanted to come over and see..... you...." Finney trailed off as his eyes scanned you, his face turning bright red.

"You look hot...- I MEAN... very beautiful!" Finney stammered, shaking himself back to his senses. You felt your face heat up.

"Ummm... you want to come inside and watch a movie with me? I have candy."

Finney smiled, nodding shyly.

"Yeah... that'd be nice."

End of Act Sixteen