𝑩𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒚 - Chapter Nineteen

❂ ❂ ❂

It's been two weeks since Griffin had been missing, vanished in thin air, and your mind still hadn't managed to wrap around, accepting, that terrible thought.

You laid on the comfort of your soft, yet firm bed as you dazed up at the plain, white ceiling in your bedroom. Your eyes manage to trail over to your wooden, slightly scratched up desk that rested next to your bed.

On it, rested the ribbon and note Billy gave to you almost a week and a half ago. Upon realizing the note contained Billy's phone number, you quickly jump up and snatch the small paper and make your way to the kitchen.

On the wall to the right of your island counter was a phone. Swiftly, you pick the phone up, gently placing it against your ear, making you slightly shiver from the cold touch of the phone.

Soft clicking soon emitted around in the kitchen as your soft fingers came into contact with the buttons. You slightly bit your lip once you heard the line ring.

After a few moments of continuous ringing, you heard a familiar voice

"Hello?"

It was Billy.

You smiled at the sound of his voice. "Yes, hello Billy. I hope you don't mind me calling."

Billy perked up at your voice before excitedly speaking. "Oh, I don't mind Y/n! Ah, yes how have you been doing?" You slightly chuckle at the boy's enthusiastic voice before continuing.

"I've been, well. Could be doing better tho, how about you?" You spoke, slightly rubbing your temple.

"Oh, I've been just fine." Billy's voice spoke, slightly dropping due to your honest statement.

"Anyways, not meaning it in a rude way, but why are you calling?" Billy's curious voice asked, slightly muffled.

"Oh, I just wanted to see if you would, ya know like to hang out today?" You asked nervously, leaning against the kitchen wall. A moment passes in silence as you slightly fiddle with cord.

"YES!" Billy yelled excitedly, causing you to flinch from his loud voice, and you slightly pulling the phone away. You pulled the phone back close to your ear before chuckling.

"Alright, do you want to have dinner at the diner just around the corner of my house before deciding to do something?" You asked. "Sure, sounds good." Billy replied making a smile graze your lips.

"Alrighty, what time do you want to meet up?" You asked, placing a hand on the back of your neck.

"Hmmm, maybe 7? I'll pick you up." Billy responded, a smile hinting in his voice.

"Mkay, see ya in a bit then." You spoke excitedly, earning a hum of agreement from Billy.

"See ya Y/n." You hung the phone back up before exiting the kitchen. Your eyes glance at the carved clock your father made that rested proudly up on the living room wall.

It was only Five forty-three, yet your stomach already began grumbling. "I guess I'll have a little snack before getting ready." You mumbled to no one in particular besides yourself.