𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑽𝒂𝒏 - Chapter Sixteen

❂ ❂ ❂
Holy cheese sticks 😱 this story has 2k reads?! Thank you all so so so much!!! I never thought this story would this get far! Also I apologize for not publishing yesterday. This week I've been packed with school work and I've been working hard. But anyways...- here you all go.

"Hurry Y/n! Or we'll be late!" Gwen yelled out towards you, folding her arms tightly.

You slightly huff, before locking your front door with a small click and quickly turning around and scurrying towards the waiting Blake siblings.

"I know, I know. I'm coming." You spoke hastily, your back already starting to slightly ache from the weight the backpack produced.

"Gwen, leave her be." Finney spoke, furrowing his brows at his impatient sister. Gwen sighed.

"Fine."

"Sorry guys, I woke up later than usual. I fell asleep while doing the assignment Mr. Johnson gave us." You spoke apologetically, earning a sympathetic look from Finney.

"I guess it's alright." Gwen spoke up, adjusting her backpack.

"Anyways, let's go." Finney said quickly, starting to walk in the direction of the school.

"Hey wait for us!" Gwen yelled out to her retreating older brother before running after him. You let out a tired sigh, slightly shaking your head.

"Oh now we're running? Great." You muttered bitterly, picking up your pace.

"You guys, wait for me!"

-TimeSkip-

"Alright, take out your notebooks while I hand out a slip of paper for you all to fill out." Your science teacher spoke, pulling many sheets of paper out, earning groans from many of the students.

"Of course we have to fill out these papers out, again. We've been having to do these things for weeks!" You whined tiredly, slightly throwing your hands up into the air.

Finney nodded in agreement, bags visible under his eyes, as he let out a small yawn.

"These teachers have been jamming us with a lot of homework lately." Finney spoke, earning a nod of agreement from you.

You and Finney's talk ceased once the teacher stopped in front of you and Finney's table, glancing at the two of you before placing two papers down onto the table.

You held your breath, but let it release once the teacher walked to the chalkboard, picking up a piece of chalk.

"Alright class, for the next week and a half we're learning about Classifying Matter." He spoke, pushing his glasses up onto the bridge of his nose.

Children groaned before a kid rudely blurted out with an annoyed expression.

"But we've already learned that!"

The teacher sighed, closing his eyes to prevent himself from lashing out at the student.

"Well..." He paused before continuing. "We are just reviewing it and getting deeper into it."