𝑩𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑷𝒂𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔 - Chapter Eight

❂ ❂ ❂

Friday came by in a flash. You were currently getting ready for Bruce's game like you promised you would. "What to wear... what to wear." You mumbled to no one in particular, besides yourself of course.

Your dark/bright E/c eyes scanned the landfilled-like clothing pile that rested upon your bed.

"Aha! Perfect!" You spoke, pulling out a simple F/c t-shirt and jeans. You quickly changed out of your dirtied school clothes and did your hair.

Once done, you walked out of your room and headed towards the oak front door. Opening the slightly heavy door, you were met with a slightly cold breeze.

You walked outside and made sure to close and lock the door. You grabbed your bike that rested against your house's side wall and hopped on.

The breeze pounded against your smiling, cold face as you began to pedal faster and faster.

You began to pick up your speed as you zoomed pass the many houses and cars. You turned the corner, suddenly slamming into something.... or rather someone.

You let out a small scream as you flew forward, off your bike, landing with a thud onto the rough, hard surface of the road.

You rolled to your side, the wind knocked out of you. You let out a painful wheeze. "Are you alright?! Oh god, I'm so sorry." You heard a panicked voice. You slowly sat up, feeling a sharp pain in your side. You flinch, clutching your side.

'Yep, that's going to leave a nasty bruise.'

You heard footsteps scurry over to you. You looked up to see a boy your age looking down at you with a worried expression. "I'm so, so, so sorry." He spoke, apologizing repeatedly.

"U-um, it's alright. It was my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going." You spoke, scratching your head.

The boy held his hand out to you, to which you gratefully took. He helped you up, as you let out a small grunt of pain. Once fully standing up, you turn towards the boy, giving him a small grateful smile.

"Thank you."

"Of course. I'm Billy." The boy, Billy, introduced.

"Y/n." You responded, picking up your fallen bike.

Billy chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "Again, I'm really sorry." Billy mumbled, looking down sorrowfully. You immediately shook your head.

"No, no, it's alright. I'm also at fault for not paying attention."

The boy smiled before turning back to his bike. "Oh no..." He mumbled looking at the mess of newspapers scattered all along the street. You looked down at the mess before bending down to pick up the fallen newspapers.

"It's alright, I'll help pick the newspapers up. You go over there to pick those newspapers up while I go over here." You spoke, picking more newspapers up.

"You sure? I mean you don't have to clean my mess..."

"Of course I'll help."

Billy smiled before picking up the now wrinkled newspapers. Several minutes go by as you reached for the last newspaper. You walk back to Billy's bike, to see another newspaper resting next to the bike. You bent down and reached for the newspaper.

Just as you were about to pick up the newspaper, a hand accidentally brushed against your's, causing you slightly jump. You look up to see Billy's face inches away from yours. You felt heat rush up to your cheeks as you pulled away, picking up the newspaper.

Billy's face was bright pink, as he looked down bashfully. You cleared your throat. "Um... here's your newspaper." You spoke quietly, handing Billy the newspaper. Billy smiled awkwardly before taking it.

"Thanks...."

"Yeah, no problem."

You both stood quietly for several seconds as Billy kept glancing at you bashfully. You kept your eyes on the ground.

"Anyways I have to go deliver newspapers." Billy spoke up, catching your attention, as he gestured to his bike and papers. You nodded, feeling slightly disappointed that he's leaving.

"Yeah, I have to get going too." You spoke, grabbing your bike.

Billy smiled before looking at you with blush on his cheeks. "Anyways, we should hang out some time, you are a cool person, Y/n."

You giggle. "Thanks, and I'd love to hang out with you some time too."

Billy's smile widened.

"Yeah! Anyways see ya around!" Billy hopped onto his bike and started peddling away.

"Bye Billy!" You waved before getting onto your bike, peddling the other direction.

End of Act Nine