𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒕𝒆 - Chapter Three

❂ ❂ ❂

"What class do you have next?" Finney asked, peering at the schedule in your hands. "It looks like it's ELA for me. What about you?" You spoke, looking up from your crumpled schedule. Finney slightly groans in disappointment.

"I have math...."

"Oh, I thought we had this period together too. But that's alright, we already have two classes together." You spoke, trying to cheer up Finney.

The bell rings as the hallway is filled with loud chatter of students. You turn towards Finney. "Anyways I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, I'll save you a spot at lunch."

You smiled at Finney before making your way towards the ELA hallway. You looked up at the classroom numbers, looking for the classroom number you were assigned. "254... oh there it is." You mumbled to yourself before entering the classroom.

Students were standing all around the classroom. The boys were head locking each other, while some girls were probably gossiping. 

You sat down at a desk, pulling a notebook and pencil out. Suddenly, someone slams their hand on your desk. Startled, you look up. You felt relief flush inside you once you realized it was Robin, who was smirking down at you.

"Can I help you?" You spoke, looking back down at your notebook, not sparing another glance at the smirking boy. "Yes, in fact would you like to go to the movies with me?" Robin asked boldly. You sighed.

You only knew him for not even a day and he was already flirting and asking you out to the movies.

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"It's a horror movie."

"..."

"Fine..."

Robin smiles in victory before sitting down in the desk next to you, placing his feet on the surface of the desk, leaning back. Suddenly, the bell rings as the students scrambled to their seats. A tired looking teacher entered the room, bags clearly visible under his eyes.

He slumps down into his chair before speaking. "Take out your English books and turn to page 47." He spoke tiredly, looking around the room  with a bored expression. Small chatter erupts as students (some) get their books out. A piece of paper is thrown onto your desk, causing you to slightly jump.

You looked towards the direction it was thrown from, and slightly glared at Robin who shrugged his shoulders. Frowning, you open the note to see slightly sloppy handwriting. Curious, you read the note.

I'll pick you up at 7:20
tonight, also here's my
phone number,
so call me
anytime, beautiful ;)

-Robin

You look back at Robin, to see him send you a wink. Rolling your eyes, your crumple the note back up and shove it into your pocket.

You pay back attention to the English book while your teacher continues to speak.

❂ ❂ ❂

The bell rings, signaling class was over. You stood up and gathered your stuff and headed out of the classroom. Now it was time for lunch and to say the least, you were excited. You enter the cafeteria to see people excitedly talking to each other.

You spot Finn, Gwen, and Robin sitting at a lunch table. Smiling, you stroll over to them. "Hey Y/n!" Gwen exclaimed, waving at you. You said hey back and sat in between Finney and Gwen. Robin sat across from you.

You turned towards Finney, giving him a small smile. He slightly blushed, and turned away and continued to drink from the milk carton. "So how are you liking it here, Y/n?" Gwen asked, looking at you.

You shrug. "I actually like it here." Gwen smiled brightly at your response. Lunch passes by in a flash. You are disappointed to hear the bell ring, telling everyone lunch time was over, as well as many others.

The school day continued on rather smoothly. Although there was one incident, however, that occurred in the hallway where a boy with blonde, curly hair beat the living crap out of another boy. You were there to watch as police entered the school and dragged the boy out as if it were a normal occurrence. Which it probably was.

***

The bell rang, ending the last class of the day. Children swarmed out of the building as laughter rang throughout the cold air. You were walking with the Blake siblings, as Gwen happily chatted with you.

All three of you made it to the front of your house. You turned to the Blake siblings before waving goodbye to them, which they did in return. You entered your house, throwing your shoes off.

Immediately when you entered the living room, you could hear loud snoring. Peering over to the couch, you see your dad in work clothes, fast asleep on the couch with his mouth hanging open. You slightly laugh before making your way to your room.

Suddenly you felt this urge you forgot something. After several seconds you realize what it was.

You have a date with Robin.

End of act four