𝑱𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒂𝒍 - Chapter Twenty-Two

❂ ❂ ❂

Days drag by as you never left a moment alone without thinking of Billy, and even Griffin. Were they both tied to the same case? That's the question you kept asking yourself.

The police still haven't found any leads, even if they did, they refused to share it with the public. Currently you were walking down the school hallway, having to readjust the heavy backpack that rested upon your back every few seconds as you listened to Robin chatter on and on.

Your eyes were glued to the ground as you were lost in your train of thought as Robin's voice soon became muffled. Suddenly you bumped into someone's chest, making you fall. But before you could meet your fate with hard ground, a pair of strong arms wrapped around you, preventing you from falling any further.

Your breath struggled to keep up with you as you were placed upright.

"My, you sure are a clumsy one, Dollface." A smooth voice rang out, hinting a smirk. You recognized the voice.

You let out a small, breathy sigh before looking up at your supposed savior.

"Thank you Vance." You spoke blandly, Robin placing an arm over your shoulder. Vance raised a brow at your tone of voice, not used upon hearing it.

"You good...?" Vance spoke, starting to trail off as his eyes scanned your face. You shrugged.

"Just....uh... tired." You lied, turning around and walking away. Robin's eyes followed your form with sadness as Vance stared at you with worry. He turned to Robin with a questioning look. Robin glanced back up at him, a look of hatred placed on his features.

"What's wrong with dollface? Did you do something?" Vance asked, taking a threatening step towards Robin. Robin scoffed, slightly gritting his teeth at your pet name.

"Mi amor is just feeling down ever since Billy went missing."

Vance's frown deepened, as his eyes temporarily glanced back at your retreating form.

"She's been through a lot lately." Vance mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. Robin nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, but just know she's mine, pedazo de mierda."

Vance's eye snapped to Robin as danger glinted in his blue eyes.

"The hell did you say, fucker?" Vance hissed, grabbing the collar of Robin's shirt. Robin kept his mouth shut as he glared back up at the taller boy.

"You heard me." Robin hissed back, breaking out of Vance's grip. Vance was about to beat the living daylights out of Robin, but refrained from doing so. He let out a shaky sigh, trying to push down the urge to fight Robin.

"Look, Y/n has been upset lately and doesn't need to be more stressed out than she already is. So I'm not going to beat you up." Vance spoke in a low voice, earning a scoff from Robin.

"Oh how thoughtful of you." Robin sarcastically replied, his eyes never letting go of the glare. Vance scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Ya know what? I'm not going to waste my precious time on you."

Robin let out a laugh. "Sure, fine. Why not?"

Vance rolled his eyes once again and began walking away. "Yeah you better leave!" Robin yelled out to him, earning the middle finger from Vance.

-TimeSkip-

You were sitting on your bed, staring at the journal in your hands. It was a hard cover with vines snaking around it, with small bird designs. In your other hand was a pen.

Sighing, you open the journal and flipped to the first page. You wrote the date, before taking the pen off the page to think.

After a few seconds you let the pen touch the paper and began writing.

Dear diary, my name is Y/n L/n.
My father wanted me to get a journal,
to help me cope. What is it that
I'm trying to cope with? Well,
almost a week ago a boy named
Billy Showalter who I was so close with, disappeared. I also met a boy named Griffin who, too, went missing maybe a week
or two before Billy. But I don't remember. Everything has been a blur for me.
The police hasn't done
or found anything yet. But I've
been thinking about trying to find Billy and
Griffin myself. I have a feeling in my gut
that both of them are tied together
in the same situation , somehow.
But I will do anything to get Billy back, even
Griffin. I'm scared of what might happen to
the others. Bruce, Robin, Vance, Finney. I
care so much about them, and I don't want
to lose them either. I'd do anything and
everything in my power to protect those
I love. I will bring Billy and Griffin home.
However, I feel something rather odd
that might be able to show they are both
connected, somehow. On the day Griffin
went missing, a van passed by me, the driver
looking suspicious. When I turned around in the
direction of where I saw Griffin, black balloons
drifted up into the air. And I couldn't help
but get the feeling something was off. And a dream, yes a dream, I had of Billy showed me the same exact van that was there when Griffin went missing. Even the balloons. I know it's just a dream, but it felt so real. Tomorrow, after school I'm going around the neighborhood in hopes of finding at least something. It's obvious that both Billy and Griffin were kidnapped. More than likely by the same person. And Billy went missing a week or two after Griffin. But I can't help but think.... Who's next?

End of Act Twenty-Three