𝑽𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓 - Chapter Twenty-Five

❂ ❂ ❂

The bag of (chips of your choice) loudly crinkled in your hands as your eyes continue to scan the wide selection of chips, candies, and other smaller snacks.

After several debating seconds you were satisfied with your small selection and headed over to the cash register. At the cash register was an elderly woman with black hair that contained several white and grey streaks. Sending a smile to the cashier, you gently set the bag down onto the cool, slightly dirtied counter.

The cashier sent you a soft, warm smile before inputting the price of the chips. "How are you doing, dear?" She asked, peering at you behind her pearly white spectacles.

You placed a small smile on your slightly glossy lips as you gave her a small nod. "Alright. What about you, ma'am?" You replied, your eyes glancing up at the woman. The woman let out a small chuckle, clearly pleased by your manners.

"I'm doing just fine, dear." She spoke softly, "And that will be a dollar and fifty cents, please."

Pulling out the money from the safety and warmth of your jean pocket, you hand it to the woman before picking up the bag of chips. Before you could thank her, the doors open with a ring as the elderly woman let out a squeak of terror before scurrying away into the back room.

Arching a brow and feeling curiosity rush all throughout you, you turn towards the door. Vance stood at the door with a scowl on his face dainty, feminine-like features. But once his beautiful light blue eyes landed on you, his whole face brightened like a puppy's.

"Hey dollface." He spoke deeply, sending you a wink as you rolled your eyes, a smile plastered over your lips. He made his way over to you, as his boots slightly clacked against the tiled flooring, bringing his face to hover over yours, the space in between the two of you only being a mere few centimeters apart.

Although you were used to Vance doing this, you still couldn't help but feel your face heat up. Vance smirked wickedly before pulling away, his blonde curls slightly bouncing. You stood nervously and flustered, glancing at the dirtied tiled ground feeling Vance's eyes scan you up and down.

Without any warning, Vance grabs you by the wrist in a firm, yet gentle way as he guided the two of you over to the pinball machine that rested proudly in the corner of the gas station. "Vance what are you-?"

"Do you know how to play a pinball machine?" Vance asked, cutting you off. Pressing your lips in a thin line, you shook your head. Vance let out a small surprised scoff as he pulled several quarters out of his Jean pocket. "Well you wanna try?"

"But-"

Vance tutted, silencing you by placing a finger gently over your lips. You scowled at him as he let out a fit of laughter, causing several people to glance your way. "God, you're so cute when you look like that Dollface." Vance spoke, grazing a hand over your hot cheek.

Feeling rather flustered, you turn away with an eye roll. Vance's smirk widens at this as he pulled you closer to his chest. "So what do you say? Game on or not...?"

"Fine."

Vance smiled in victory before inserting a quarter as you heard a faint clank. Placing himself behind you, you felt his warm, minty breath tickle against the skin of your neck, sending many shivers and goosebumps to go down your spine.