𝑬𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒆? - Chapter Thirty-Three

❂ ❂ ❂

Finney stalked closer and closer to the unlocked door, as it begged to be opened. Finney's dreadful, yet begging chocolate eyes stared down at the old, rusting door as his pale hand reached for the handle.

"Don't."

Finney felt himself jump at the sound of your voice, as he whipped his head towards you. You sat the end of the dirtied, naked mattress as your face held full evidence that you were deep in thought. You gently bit your thumb as your eyes slowly trailed around the room.

"Griffin told me the code to the door. Or at least, he thinks it's the code." You spoke lowly, your bright/dark eyes staring Finney down, making him squirm in his spot. "So wait it out."

Finney let out a small, shaky sigh before fully pivoting his body towards you, a look of clear displeasure evident on his dirtied face. "I know. But it's getting quite difficult for me to "wait it out;" For heaven sakes, Y/n, we've been in this room for almost an entire week." Finney shot back, stress clear in his distraught voice.

You let out a small, breathy sigh as you closed your eyes for a moment. You kept your patience in check as you bit the inside of your cheek, not knowing what to say next. After several, painful, silent moments, your baggy eyes open to be met with the dim glare of the streaming light.

"Come here." You spoke softly, gesturing Finney over to you, to which he does. Finney lays down onto the not-so white mattress, resting his head in your lap. His eyes closed at the feeling of your fingers brushing through the forest of his mangled hair as you let out small hums.

"Don't worry Finney, we'll get out of here. We all will." You spoke reassuringly as you glanced at the lone phone that hung on the wall. Finney felt his parched lips tug upwards at your words as he self-consciously buried himself deeper and more comfortably into your warm lap.

Suddenly a loud, ear piercing screech sounds around the tense room, as Finney jumps up, protectively pulling you behind him. The Grabber steps into the room with a tray of food. You place a tense hand on Finney's shoulder as you watched with slightly fearful eyes.

The Grabber watched in amusement as he let out small coos. "Aw looks like Finney has a little sweetheart." The Grabber chuckles wryly, bringing the tray in his hands up.

Finney snarled, pulling you further behind him. "What do you want?" Finney spat, earning a head tilt from the man.

"Just want to give you two your food. After all,
Y/n's favorite food is f/f." You felt your blood run cold as The Grabber continued to let out amused laughter. 

"Just leave the food here and get out." Finney hissed, looking at the man in disgust through narrowed eyes. The Grabber stopped his laughter, as annoyance glinted in his barley visible eyes as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Now, now that's not very nice to speak to me that way, now is it?" The Grabber hums, anger leaking into his voice. Taking in a deep, shaky breath you open your mouth.

"Sorry for how he is acting. Thank you for the food." You sent him a smile that pained you and Finney greatly, as you had the urge to rip your eyeballs out.

The Grabber let out a satisfied hum as he placed the now cold food onto the dirty floor. He stood back up and gazed at you intensely as Finney began to slowly grow more hostile.