𝑨𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑨𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 - Chapter Twenty-Nine

❂ ❂ ❂

Your eyes nervously glanced up at the clock that rested on the wall for the hundredth time, as the sound of ticking filled the tense room. The door creaked open, causing you to quickly glance up.

Your eyes landed on an elderly lady whose lips were pressed in a thin line. She took one glance at you before scuttling away.

You let out a disappointed sigh before slumping back into your cold, uncomfortable chair. The clock continually clicked and ticked as longing minutes passed by in an inscrutably way.

Finally, the door creaked open, revealing a familiar detective. You quickly stood up with your eyes widened. Detective Miller looked at you sadly before shaking his head. Bruce is officially missing.

Feeling shock take over you, you slowly sit back down, shock clearly evident on your tired face. Detective Miller slipped towards you, sitting in the vacant seat next to you. He glanced at you but remained silent, silently watching your shocked state as he let you take your time to think thing through.

Now Bruce is missing along with Vance, Griffin, and Billy. You can't believe it. The detective cleared his throat, slightly pivoting his body towards you.

"Ms. L/n. I think it's best if you weren't involved with helping with this case anymore."

Your eyes snapped towards him as your mouth slightly dropped.

"W-what? Why?" You stuttered, furrowing your brows in distress.

The detective sighed, before wiping his forehead. "Well, Ms. L/n, it's been clear that you have been distressed lately." He paused, taking a moment to glance down at your shaky hand before continuing, "And this case is getting far too difficult."

You shook your head. "No! It's fine, I'm fine! Really!"

The detective just shook his head at your words before standing up. He let out a long sigh before glancing down at your shaking form.

"No, Ms. L/n. You're out and that's final. Good day." He slightly tipped his black fedora hat before exiting the room, the medal door shutting behind him with a loud clank.

You remained in your spot, shocked. Anger, frustration, and humility bubbled up inside of you before you hastily got up and stormed out of the almost vacant police station.

You stormed down the sidewalk, not sparing a glance towards anyone you passed. Feeling anger take over your vision, you continued to storm down the sidewalk, failing to see the older man in front of you, as you accidentally bumped into him.

You stepped back, staring at the ground. "Sorry I didn't see you there." You mumbled and apology, still not looking up.

"It's alright!" A creepy, sinister voice exclaimed, catching your attention, causing you to look up. A man who looked to be in his late forties, early fifties, wore a top hat and big sunglasses, with a red turtle neck underneath a black, shiny shirt.

Chills ran down your spine as you felt uneasiness naw away at you. The man wore a smile, creepy enough to make a child cry, aging wrinkles surrounding at the crease of his always seemingly upturned smile.

He let out a small giggle, making you cringe. "Just be careful next time. You wouldn't want anything bad to happen. Do you..." He trailed off, smiling wider. Your eyes slightly widened as you felt more uncomfortable by the second