𝑲𝒊𝒅𝒏𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 - Chapter Thirty-One

❂ ❂ ❂
Just a heads up, not everything will be exactly the same, some scenes will be shifted differently, due to how I made this story line set up. But don't worry, everything else will remain almost the same. P.s. I may not be publishing new chapters for a couple of days due to big reports and assignments begin due around the same time for me at school, and it's a race against time to get them done. So I have been stressing and will having to be doing that. Sorry!

"She'll be fine."

"But will she really?"

You and Finney were walking side by side, as you continued to reassure Finney that Gwen will be fine walking over to one of her friend's house for a sleepover.

Finney's lips were pressed together in dismay, as his eyes show clear worry for his little sister. You let out a small sigh, stopping Finney by placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I know you're worried for Gwen. But she's a strong girl and she'll be fine."

Finney took in your words as he looked into your e/c eyes. You send him a small, reassuring smile. Finney gives a curt nod before you both continue to walk down the cracked sidewalk.

Your eyes narrowed at the sight of a familiar black van, as you felt your heart begin to race. Suddenly a man came struggling out with a brown paper bag as items fell to the ground.

He let out a panicked groan as his top hat, too, fell to the ground. You let out a small, breathy gasp. It was the creepy man from not too long ago.

Small ping pong balls were sprawled all along the sidewalk as the man scrambled to get them.

"You good?" Finney asked, approaching the man. But you quickly grab Finney's arm, causing him to glance back, confused.

"You see that? Can you get my hat?" The man spoke up, pointing towards the outside of the gate where his hat lays. Finney looked back at him, gently pulling his arm out of your grasp.

"Yeah." Finney replied, reaching for the fallen top hat. You watched in worry as Finney retrieves the hat. Your eyes trailed over to the man, who gave you a creepy wave.

You tore your gaze away and over to Finney. Finney handed the man the hat, pulling his arm away once the hat was in the man's grasp.

"Thank you~" The man thanked, as shivers ran down your spine. The man placed his hat back upon his head as he stood up.

He turned to the two of, a creepy smile plastered upon his face. "Do you guys want to see a magic trick?"

"No-"

"Sure."

You turned to Finney with furrowed eyebrows. The man gave a low chuckle before pulling out a strange metal can. You felt adrenaline rush around inside of you as you could feel your heartbeat pound against your ears.

Finney approached the van, squinting his eyes. "Are those black balloons in there-?" You felt your heart drop.

"Finney-"

But it was too late, for the man scrambled to the door, pulling out a bunch of balloons, before bringing the can to Finney's mouth, spraying some strange liquid into his mouth. Finney let out a muffled scream as he thrashed around.