𝑨𝒔 𝑫𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝑮𝒐 𝑩𝒚 - Chapter Thirty

❂ ❂ ❂

It's been almost a week since Bruce had gone missing, and days seem to go by as if tragedy hasn't struck. You softly hum, stirring the hot, black pot that sat upon the stove, as heat emitted through the cold air.

Loud squeaking was heard from the other room from Buddy's stuffed bunny. The doorbell rings, followed by rapid knocking.

Coaxing a brow up, you rub your hands with a star-printed cloth before glancing once more towards the boiling pot. You shuffled towards the door, with Buddy happily prancing behind you, with his favorite stuffed toy in his mouth.

You opened the door, as your eyes landed on a panicked Finney. Worriedly frowning, you fully open the door and ushered the shaken boy in. You closed the door once Finney was fully in the house. Finney shakily sat on the couch as his eyes nervously glanced around the room. Buddy placed his slobbery bunny in Finney's lap, but Finney didn't seem to notice.

"Finney, what's wrong?" You asked, sliding next to him onto the cushioned couch, placing a soft hand on his shoulder.

"He's missing..." Finney spoke quietly, his pupils shrinking in fear.

Your brows furrowed as you ushered Finney on. "What? Who's missing?" You asked, feeling fear pour into your pounding heart. Finney looked at you with wide eyes.

"Robin..."

You let out a laugh. "Finney, stop joking." But the look Finney gave you, made devastation naw at you. You quickly stood up in panic, as Buddy looked at you with perked ears.

"H-he isn't right? Right?" You spoke nervously, your tone getting higher. Finney shook his head before placing his distraught face into the shaky, cold palm of his hands.

Your breath hitched as you too a step back.

"He's gone..."

You and Finney sat at the dining table as two hot, steaming bowls were placed both in front of you. But none of you seemed to pay much kind to it as the both of you were stuck in thought. Buddy let out a whine before placing his fluffy head in your lap, staring up at you with sad, longing eyes.

"So. How exactly did you find out Finney?" You quietly asked, your bloodshot, tear filled eyes looking over to the boy.

Finney let out a deep sigh. "Earlier today, Gwen was beat by my father," He spoke lowly, as you let out a small gasp, "so I was sitting in the living room with Gwen, trying to comfort her and then my dad came in and-"

Finney stops, glancing back down to the wooden, chipped table, biting his lips. You get what he was about to say, as you kept your lips thin.

Biting back a sob, you gently push the bowl towards Finney. "You need to eat." You spoke quietly as Finney's eyes met with yours.

Finney slowly nodded before picking up the cold medal spoon before dipping it into the very hot soup. You looked down at the table, scratching your nail against the table.

Finney glanced at you, his brows slightly furrowing. "Y/n, you also need to eat. You don't look so good." Finney spoke lowly, as you snapped your gaze to him.