Haikyuu - Tsukishima

Stupidly in Love

"Oi!" You heard. Still, you kept walking as if nothing had happened. "Oi!" You knew Tsukishima was following you, and with his long legs, he was about to reach you. He touched your shoulder and gently pushed you away from the crowd, "I was calling you, Dumbass."

There was no way you could escape so you had to play dumb, "Oh, I'm sorry, Tsukishima. I didn't hear you. Do you need anything? Do you want my notes from class?"

He looked at you with a mix of confusion and anger, "What are you talking about?" He said, almost losing his temper. "Why are you avoiding me?"

You tried to play it cool. "Avoiding you? What are you talking about? I'm not avoiding you."

The truth was that you were avoiding him. It was too painful to look into those beautiful eyes. You had been avoiding him for two weeks now, after the day you almost confess your feelings for him, but you discovered that he had a girlfriend. It was so embarrassing; you didn't know where to hide. But it was enough. Tsukishima had a girlfriend, and he would never pay attention to you.

"Don't play dumb with me, Y/N." Oh no. It was getting serious if he called you by your first name. "Do you think I don't notice you avoiding me? I want to know why, and I want to know it now."

You started to think of different excuses, what could you say that would make sense to Tsukishima? There weren't many options for you. And the truth of course wasn't one of them.

How could tell him something so embarrassing? "I haven't been avoiding you. I swear."

"Cut the crap, Y/N." He looked so mad but at the same time, hurt. "I thought we were onto something."

"What?" You said abruptly.

"I mean," He looked confused. Did he make it all in his head? Of course, not. "I thought. Shit. Don't you like me?"

"How can you ask something like that?" You were really offended; this wasn't the Tsukishima you felt in love with. He was mean and rude and all of that, but never a cheater. "What about your girlfriend?"

Tsukishima looked taken a back, "My what? My girlfriend? I don't have a girlfriend! Why would I have a girlfriend if I like you?" He whispered-screamed at you. Was that supposed to be a confession?

"You don't have a girlfriend. Who was the girl hugging you the other day? The blonde and tiny one?" You asked.

He seemed to consider it for a while, then he knew. "I'm guessing you mean Yachi. She is the manager of the volleyball team, and she is into Yamaguchi. I was helping her out with him."

Suddenly, it hit you. You had seen her before, with the guys, and at some games. And she was always with Yamaguchi. "Wait, you thought she was my girlfriend and that is why you have been avoiding me?" He smirked, "You like me, don't you? He teased.

"Shut up, you said it first." You defended yourself, completely blushed.

"Well, yeah. I had to. Considering you are that dumb to believe I have another girlfriend." Somehow, even though relieved, you didn't feel well. His words were hurting you. Tsukishima noticed it, "I'm sorry. I just can't control myself sometimes when I'm with you. I thought you were avoiding me because I did something or maybe you were onto someone else. I should have clarified things between us sooner."

"How would I know that you like me, when you treat me so bad all the time?" You asked.

"I don't treat you bad, we treat each other like that! It's our thing, isn't it?" He said, he was so confused.

"You shouldn't treat the girl you like that way. I thought you saw me as one of the guys." You hid your face, "You were so nice and gentle with Yachi."

"I- I care for you, Y/N." He confessed, "I care deeply. I am an idiot with trouble with emotional connections, that's why it's so difficult to me. But there is no one in this place more important to me than you. Would you be my girlfriend?"

You knew you were leading to this question, but still, you were shocked, "Do you think it the best for us?"

Tsukishima looked at you intently, "I don't know for you, but for me it certainly is. You are what's best. And what I can tell you is that I won't let you down." He stated sincerely.

You looked him in the eyes and shyly smiled, "Then, take me away, Tsuki."