Haikyuu - Tetsuro Kuroo

"Y/N! Do you have a minute?" Kuroo approached you. All your friends looked at him curiously, wondering what he wanted, when you knew exactly what it was. You were already warned by Kenma that this would happen, to not mess it up.

You turned to look at him, "What's up, Kuroo?" You smiled, knowing exactly what that did to him. He blushed immediately and that know-it-all smirked that he usually had, was gone.

Suddenly, he couldn't look at your eyes anymore. "Uhm, hey. It's just that, you know, tomorrow is my birthday." He told you.

"Well, happy birthday, then. Should I get you something? Did you come to tell what you want as a gift?" Usually, you weren't like this, but knowing you had full control with a guy like Kuroo, made you bold enough to tease him.

"Actually, yes." You opened your eyes, surprised, "But I don't want you to buy me anything. The team is going to throw a party for me, and I thought you could come, as your gift? Can you?" He looked at your friends, "You are all invited too, of course."

All your friends squealed at the comment, and you could only smile at them, "Well, thank you captain. I will make sure to be there."

"You will? Will you? Ok, great! I mean, yes sure. Come, please. Ok, yup. I'm out. Bye." He left you with your friends who were all excited.

You knew how he felt about you, it was pretty obvious too. And you had been patiently waiting for him to confess. He started really slow, by asking you to study with him, even the courses where you knew he was good at, then just talking about anything, or just hanging out, to even going to his volleyball games. From here on, it was a matter of time, and to be honest, you were expecting it eagerly. You really enjoyed being around him, he was nice, smart, funny, and incredibly hot, but you didn't want to push him, so you let him take control of the situation.

You didn't want to admit it, but sometimes, you were losing your mind; you really liked him, and wanted to be with him, but pushing it would destroy his confidence. Now was the best time ever, and even if he didn't say anything, you would confess on his birthday.

That night you arrived at Kenma's house by yourself, some of your friends were already there, and other people you didn't know, but your eyes were set on Kuroo. You went straight to him, "Hello, captain." You said smiling. His own smile disappeared to be replaced by a look of pure admiration. You wore a beautiful dress, and your hair was hanging from your shoulders.

Kenma pushed Kuroo out of his trance, "Y/N, thank you for coming. I'm sure that's what Kuroo would say if he could formulate words, like a human being."

You laughed slightly, "I know, Kenma. Thank you for that. Well, I hope you have a fantastic party, I'll go to my friends now." Maybe right now wasn't the time to say anything.

The party kept going, and you had barely any interaction with Kuroo, you came with all your hopes high, but as the night progressed, you were losing them. Would Kuroo ever tell you he liked you? Your hopes dropped even further when Alissa, the older sister of one of his teammates, showed up at the party, hugging him and not letting him leave her side, and the worst part was, he seemed comfortable with that.

After a few hours, it was time to call it a night for you. you took your stuff and tried to leave so that nobody would see you, but Kenma caught you on the entrance, "Leaving from the back door, huh? I didn't take you for a coward."

You smiled weakly at him, "There is no reason for me to be here anymore." He threw you a knowing look, "Come on, Kenma. If it didn't happen today, it's not going to happen. You can say whatever you want about Kuroo, but clearly, he prefers someone else's company tonight than mine. And I'm starting to feel dumb."

"Y/N, you have to understand that Kuroo is not as cool as he looks like, he doesn't know how to approach you."

What you didn't know is that Kuroo saw you talking and was eavesdropping, "I gave him almost a year, Kenma. I put my heart on the line and did almost anything to get him to confess to me, I even tried to confess myself, but there was no way in. I'm done. As much as I may like him, this is dumb. I'm going home. Bye, Kenma."

You left, completely unaware that Kuroo heard every single word, but Kenma knew better, "Are you going to do something? Or will you stay there hidden letting another year pass by?"

Kuroo came out of the shadows, "Did you know?"

He nodded, "It wasn't my place to confess on her behalf, when she had been waiting for you. You let Alisa hugged you tonight as if she was someone more important to you, but you can still follow Y/N and fix this."

You arrived home and it was empty as you knew it would, taking your shoes off, you promised yourself you weren't going to cry. It was dumb, wasn't it? Your phone kept buzzing with all your friends texting you asking if Kuroo confessed, who that girl was, and where you were. It was all too much.

Your doorbell rang and you opened the door, only to find Kuroo standing there, you tried to clean your tears, but he had already seen there. "Are you hurt? Did someone do something to you?"

Yes, you did. You wanted to say, "Kuroo! No, I'm just tired. What are you doing here? What about your party? Everyone might be wondering where you are."

"You wouldn't. You left." He said bluntly. "I didn't see you in the party anymore, and then I just came to look for you."

"Why? You seemed busy tonight." That came out bitter that you expected. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to sound harsh."

He looked inside your place, "May I come in? It's kind of uncomfortable to talk on the streets." You let him get in, "You looked beautiful tonight. Thank you for coming to my birthday."

You smiled, "I promised I will." You said, the silence was uncomfortable, "What are you doing here, Kuroo? There are people waiting for you."

He knew what you meant, "The girl I wanted is right in front of me. I have no rush on going anywhere." Your jaw dropped, "I'm sorry it took me so long to say anything. But you are the only girl I have eyes for. So, could I stay here with you? Please?"

Your smile went back to your face as it lit up from it, "I thought you would never ask." That night, even with the party still going, Kuroo stayed with you and officially became your boyfriend.