Naruto - Neji

Traditions

Neji was troubled. He was extremely troubled, and you didn't know what to do for him. it wasn't like it was your fault, but still. What were you guys going to do now? "Have you talked to Tsunade?" Ten-Ten asked when you were having lunch with the girls.

You shook your head, "Only Sakura," You commented pointing at her, "I don't have the courage to tell Tsunade yet, and I don't know when we are going to tell your father either, Hinata." You hid your face with your hands, "I don't know what to do, and I'm so worried about Neji."

"You think he will leave you?" Ino asked worried.

"No! Of course, not." You rushed, "He would never. It's just that, he feels everything it's his fault and that now he is condemning me and," You touched your belly, "This baby to a life as a servant. You know, for the Hyuga cursed. Hinata took your hand in hers.

"Don't worry about that, I got rid of that cursed, and I will take care of it, if necessary, we just need to convinced Neji that this is not a bad thing." You wanted to cry, and they all hugged you, "We will be here with you, don't worry."

On the other side of the village, Lee was encouraging a troubled friend, "Everything is going to be ok, don't fret! Right guys? They all nodded, but it wasn't enough for Neji.

"You are exaggerating as usual." Shikamaru commented while dropping his head to the grass. "You love Y/N. She loves you. What is the matter if you just switched some of the steps you eventually wanted to do with her?"

"What about the curse?" Neji asked.

"You are just making up excuses, you know Hinata got rid of the curse, you don't have it anymore either. Why would you bring that up?" Naruto asked. "Unless you don't want to be with her anymore, is that it?" Everyone, even Shikamaru looked back at Neji.

The moment he saw all those eyes on him, he noticed what Naruto meant, "Don't even consider saying something like that. I love Y/N and I will marry her." He sighed, "It's just that a person like me, that has been full of rage and hatred all his life, would I even be a good father?"

"You are Neji Hyuga! The strongest one out of all of us!" Lee stated, "There is no way you wouldn't be a great father. You are full of love for Y/N and for your unborn child, just wait and see."

That night, as you were getting ready for bed, Neji showed up at your apartment. "Neji? Is something wrong?" He had a few bags with him.

"Everything it's ok," He said kissing your forehead, "I just figured there was no point for us to live apart anymore. I want to bring you to the Manor. It's way bigger and if we are going to raise a family, I'm sure we will prefer the open areas and gardens." He got in and went straight to your room, as to pack your things. "Besides, I talked to my uncle." He said sitting on your bed, "I know you would've wanted to be part of that conversation too, but I just wanted to be sure of his reaction."

"And?" You said sitting next to him. He took your hands and kissed them.

"He lectured me, for keeping you away, for hiding it as if it was something wrong, for making you feel insecure." Neji extended his arms so you could cuddle on him, "But as for the baby, he is actually happy. Happy that there would be a new generation of Hyugas."

"And you?" He looked puzzled, "Are you mad at me?"

He got on his knees to look into your eyes, "Don't ever say that again, Y/N. I love you and I already love our kid. I was just worried I wouldn't be a good father to him. But my uncle is right, I shouldn't have let my insecurities come between us. You are going to be a Hyuga after all." He took something from his pocket, "And now that I am on one knee, maybe it's time to give you this." He opened a tiny box, revealing a beautiful ring, "It was my mothers. Y/N, would you marry me?"

You jumped on top of his and he tried his best to carry you so you wouldn't hurt yourself or the baby, but you were just so happy to notice, you kissed him all over his face, "Of course! Yes! I will do it! I love you so much!"

He helped you stand up, "For as much as I love your kisses, don't do that again if you are carrying our kids, please. I beg you; it'll give me a heart attack." You laughed and hugged him again, "Why don't we finish packing the essentials and head to the manor. We can come for the rest tomorrow." And so, you did. You packed to move with Neji and be the family you dreamt of being.