My Hero Academia - Dabi/Touya

I'll be back

You didn't know if it was a good idea. Scratch that, you knew, and it was an awful idea, yet you were at his door. Just a knock and you would be in front of him, again. Did you want that? Was it planned? You had no idea, yet you couldn't stay away.

As you were about to retreat, Shoto opened the door, "I saw you from the window. Are you leaving?" You looked at him and smiled softly.

"Apparently, I don't have the courage to get in or leave. Who would have guessed?" He stared blankly; he was never good with jokes. "Is he in there?" Shoto nodded, "Should I come in?"

He moved from the door to let you get in. "Actually, I'm really happy that you are here. We didn't know if you would so, it's really good that you are. We might be a family again."

You only listened. He guided you to a place you knew pretty well. You spent the first ten years of your life here. Until that happened. When you reached his door, you didn't know what to expect, but there was no better time than the present, right? Shoto nodded at you and left you by the door, the Todorokis all knew you were coming, they asked you to, you wondered if he knew.

You got inside only to find Dabi, or as you knew him, Toya, looking to the window, from his bed, he was injured, and he looked so lost. "You saw me, from the window, right?" He didn't dare to move, he only nodded. "You were brave enough to try and kill your family, to abandon me, but not to look me in the eyes?"

"I never wanted to hurt you." He said.

You promised you wouldn't cry, but it was impossible. "You threw me away, you abandoned me. You said I was useless, and weak. Those were the last words I got from you, before believing for years that you were death."

"I was, I am a monster, Y/N. You don't need me in your life." His voice was breaking.

He was a fragile as he had always been. But you could still feel the little kid in there. "I was in love with you."

He finally looked at you, "Me too. I still am." You shut your eyes close. How could he say something like that? "But I am a monster."

"Is Toya still there, somehow?"

He was puzzled. "What?"

"Is my Toya somewhere in there still? Is there anything I can do to bring you back to me? I just want to know if Toya is death for real. I still need my Toya." You walked closer to him. You had planned to hate on him and scream at him, but it wasn't happening. You just couldn't.

When he left, you were still kids, but he was the love of your life, you knew that for sure. "The one that loves you is still here. I promise. But there is not much I can offer you than that."

Was that anything at all? You didn't know, but you couldn't ask a broken man like him to give you more. It wasn't possible. "Well, I guess you will have to work on that." You turned to the door but stopped to look at him. "I will still be here, like I've always been."

"I have something to confess." He said. "If you find it in your heart to give me an opportunity to get you back, I need to be honest. I-"

Words weren't coming out. "You killed him." You finished for him. "The guy that hurt me. The one that assaulted me." He nodded. "I figured that much. So, you've always been around."

"Around you, at least." He commented. "I really have nothing to offer you, Y/N. Only my broken heart. It's yours, it's always been yours. And if you want to take it, I'll do whatever is needed. I swear on my life."

You came back to his side, slowly you touched his scarred face. He winced, but that didn't stop you. "Ok. I want you to do everything you can to be my Toya again." You took his hand and left something, "I will be waiting. For you."

You left his room with your heart on your mouth. It wasn't a closure, but it wasn't the end for you. Toya watched you from the window, smiling at your silhouette and the friendship bracelet he left behind that you kept all of these years for him.

He was going to get you back. Even if it was the last thing he would do.