Food Wars - Takumi

Friends to Lovers

Takumi was waiting for you at the entrance of the Polar Star, you promised you would try some recipes with him that night in the kitchens of your residence. You were best friends, and that was weird when it came to someone like Takumi, to have a best friend, but you just hit it off right from the very first time you met. "You are late." He said, the moment he saw you walking in his direction. "Are you ok?"

You looked troubled and confused, "Something happened." Before you could say anything else, he dragged you to the garden, to have a little more privacy and talk. "It was Soma."

You already knew what that name could cause in him. Not that they weren't friends, but after becoming part of the Elite 10 Council, their rivalry came back, and in the past months, Takumi had been focusing on beating him at anything Some would want to do, "What did that idiot do to you? Did he hurt you? What happened?"

"Calm down." You asked regaining a bit of control for yourself, "He confessed." You admitted shyly.

Takumi didn't understand, "Confessed what? Did he do something? That he is an idiot? You have to be clearer, Y/N."

"That he likes me, Takumi. He confessed to me." His eyes widened at the statement, "He said that I was the prettiest girl here, and that he likes me and if I want to be his girlfriend." You breathed loudly, "When I said no, he said that he understood, but he wouldn't give up. That he will court me and make me fall in love with him."

"That idiot!" Takumi yelled and ran back to the Polar Star, he left you there, still processing what happened and ran to Soma's room, who was just chilling there, "What the hell Soma?" He pulled him by the collar, "You think you can just go and flirt with Y/N and tell her those things and make her feel uncomfortable?" Soma was grinning at him. "Telling her you are not giving up? What the hell, Soma?"

Soma took his collar out of Takumi's hands, "Oh, so she told, didn't she?" Takumi wanted to punch him, but he stopped it. "If you don't like it, then confess to her already."

"What? I don't like her, not that way. It's just. You are crazy. What do you mean?" His reactions were as obvious as his blush.

"You can fool her, and yourself, but not me. You are in love with Y/N, and she is in love with you. You just don't want to admit because you are scared. Stop this stupid rivalry you have with me and get your work together." Takumi was speechless, he had no idea what to say. So, Soma pushed him out of the room and before slamming the door, he added, "If you want me to stop, then do something. Y/N is in love with you, and we can all tell she is aching. I'm sure you will agree she deserves a good guy, and if you don't want to be it, I can surely step in."

Takumi left without saying goodbye, and that got you really upset. Did you do something wrong? Was he mad at you for something? You weren't sure, but the only thing you knew was that it had been a week and Takumi was not talking to you.

Everything was so confusing, Takumi not speaking to you, Soma being overly clingy and attentive, he kept sending you flowers and making you chocolates, and Takumi, of course, was driving further and further from you. Somehow, you started connecting the dots in your head, and there was no way he wasn't mad because of Soma. And it was hurting you so much.

You never wanted to tell him, you were his friend, but you were so in love with him, and you decided to shut it just so you could stay close, but now he wasn't even your friend. And what just happened was the last straw. Apparently, he was seen with another girl, as if he was dating someone.

That was why you were walking to his apartment; you were done with this bullshit. You knocked on his door, only for this one to be opened by that same girl. "Oh!" You are Y/N, right? I was heading out, Takumi is inside, get in." What? The girl had a slight accent, similar to Takumis, and she knew who you were? What the hell? You got in and looked for him in the kitchen.

"Did you forget something, Doofus?" He turned to you and his smile fainted at the sight of you. "Y/N." You were already crying there. He used to call you like that, and you kept correcting him, but now he wasn't even calling you at all. "What are you doing here? What happened? Why are you crying?"

"Don't act like you care. You haven't talked to me in a week. And I didn't do anything wrong. It's like you made the decision to take me out of your life, but I can't understand why. Is it because of Soma? I keep rejecting him, I swear, I wouldn't date your enemy and I don't like him! Or is it for that girl? Are you dating her?"

"She is my cousin." He said immediately.

"Then, what is it, Takumi? What did I do that was so wrong to you?" He didn't answer, he just ran to you and planted a kiss on your lips. You couldn't react at the beginning, but then slowly corresponded him. He hugged you tighter, it wasn't common in Japan to kiss someone like that, but then again, he was half-Italian, so he didn't care.

"I'm sorry." He answered, "I don't want you to be with someone else. I was stupid and reacted the worst way possible at everything." Takumi confessed that it was all a schemed by Soma to get him to confess, but when he gathered the courage, you outran him. "I am in love with you, Y/N. That girl is my annoying cousin, and she is visiting, she also has been pestering me about confessing to the beautiful girl I am in love with and whose photo I carry on my wallet." He opened his wallet and there was a photo of you, smiling at him.

He leaned in again, kissing you slowly, and you were interrupted by a squeal at the door, "Finally, Isami! Are you seeing it? The are finally together!" With Isami grinning and nodding in approval at your kiss.