My Hero Academia - Todoroki

Love is the Way

"Would you like to have dinner with me and my family today?" He asked for the second time. It wasn't that much of a weird question, Shoto and you have been dating for about a year now, and in this year, you had pushed the topic of meeting his family way too many times, but he always refused. Maybe that was why you were still frozen at his comment, Uraraka nudged you on the ribs, only to focus your attention on Shoto again, "Y/N, are you still there? Is she there?" He questioned Uraraka.

She smiled apologetically, "She is, Todoroki. It's just that you know how much she had wanted to meet your family." That was true, after so many refusals from Shoto's part, you started to think there was something of you he didn't want to introduce to his family, even when you already knew all the Endeavor problem, you couldn't hide how it made you feel. "Y/N, say something."

"Are you sure?" It's the only thing that came out of your mouth. You were shy around the topic, and Shoto could see it.

He looked pass Uraraka and nodded, "Yes, I am sure. It's time."

"Ok, then." You answered him finally. He gave you all the details and when would he pick you up later that day. For some reason, he asked you to dress a bit formal, you didn't know why. So, Uraraka called for the rest of the girls, and they all ran to your third-year dorm, to get you ready.

It took all of them to get you ready, being as nervous as you were. And, at the exact time asked, a knock on your door got everyone's attention. You opened the door to find Shoto, ready for you, with a tailor suit. "You look beautiful as always." He said to you, taking your hand.

"You too, Shoto." You thanked the girls and followed him, somehow, you could sense that he was extremely nervous, really out of character for him. "Shoto, are you ok?" But he dismissed your worries with the stiffest smile in the world. So, you were even more nervous than before.

When you arrived at their place, he opened the door for you to see his family. Everyone was there, His two siblings, his mother and even his family. What was this? "Everyone, this is Y/N." He said. You greeted each and every one of them, nervous as can be. You understood Shoto pretty well, but considering that you didn't have a family, no one by your side, you still wished to belong to a big family like this one.

Still, the uneasiness never went away; everyone was examining you, and Shoto kept talking about your accomplishments and almost every strength you had. Somehow, even as nervous as you were, Shoto started to relax and kept smiling at you, with genuine smiles.

By the time dessert was coming up, Shoto cleared his throat. "It has been a pleasure to formerly introduce Y/N. And I know you all know why I asked for this dinner, but Y/N doesn't." He looked back at you, and took your hands in his, "Y/N. We have been dating for over a year now, and we are about to finish our last year at school. After this, life will be even more complicated, but I still want to spend it with you. That is why I asked everyone to have this dinner, so that they finally meet the woman of my life." He stood up, asking you to stand too. "This is my family, Y/N. I know it took a lot of time from me to introduce them, but we are full of flaws, and we'd had problems, you already know about all of them," Fuyumi coughed to stop him from rumbling, and handed him a tiny box. He took it and kneeled in front of you, "Regardless of our flaws, this family would like to welcome you as one of their owns. I would like to do so. And I don't want to wait anymore." He opened the box to reveal a ring, "Y/N, would you do me the honor of marrying me?"

You were shocked, this was happening, right now. They were examining you because they all knew you would be one of them. You were still insecure until you saw each of their faces, every single one smiling of approval to you, even Endeavor. You looked back at Shoto with a tear of joy falling through your cheek, "Yes. I will marry you."

He put the ring on your finger and hugged you tightly, "Thank you." Every Todoroki stood from their sit to congratulate you and Shoto. It was a moment of peace after everything you went through during the war and everything you knew Shoto expected of a family, now you would be his family.

After a while, you went back to school, where everyone was already waiting on you, because Shoto let everyone know what happened. They were all extremely happy for you, "Thank you for this, Shoto. You are amazing." You told him at the end of the night.

"Thank you, Y/N. For being with me, for being part of my life, and now for accepting to stay with me forever. You have showed me what love is capable of, and I wouldn't want it any other way."