Attack on Titan - Levi Ackerman

Waiting Room

It was driving you insane. Where was he? Why wasn't he back? You waited near the entrance of the camp, when a very pregnant Historia came looking for you, "Y/N, you should rest. Come back inside, it's getting cold." You looked back at her, not used to seeing her as royalty, but she was a dear friend, so you weren't going to flip it at her.

"I know, you shouldn't be here either. I'll come soon. I swear." You looked back at the forest when you felt a tiny hand on your swollen belly.

"You are as pregnant as I am, Y/N." She said with a smile. "I'm sure he will be back as soon as he can. Don't push yourself, you know he will get mad if he sees you outside at this hour."

She was right, he would be mad, but to be honest, he was always mad. So, what was the real difference? Still, you couldn't expose the queen to this weather, and Historia wasn't going to get inside alone, you knew it. "Do you think he is ok?" Was the last comment you made, before closing the door.

"I'm sure. He is humanity's strongest after all, isn't he?" Suddenly, you felt an excruciating pain on your stomach. "Y/N? What is going on?" Historia tried to help you, but you dropped to the floor. "Someone! Get a doctor! Please!" You started to scream, the pain was out of this world, "Hold on, Y/N. It's the baby. Just breath. Stay with me, please. You are going to make it."

"I need him, Historia. Where is he?" You kept repeating. Doctors and other soldiers came to you aid, and took you to the nursery room, with Historia not leaving your side. "Where is he? I need him. I can't do it alone!" You were crying.

"He is going to be here, Y/N. Everything will be ok, I promise."

The pain was unbearable, so one of the doctors put you under in order to help you correctly. And all you could think was, that he wasn't there. And that maybe, maybe he would not get to meet his child.

You didn't know how many hours had passed, but when you woke up, you were resting on a bed in the infirmary. You immediately touched your belly, but it was already gone. You tried to get off the bed, but couldn't, which caused something to switch right next to you. "Levi?" You found him, sleeping on the couch next to your bed, with a baby in his arms. Your baby. You started to cry.

"Is something wrong?" What happened? I'll get a doctor." You took his hand to stop him. "Why are you crying?"

"I tried to hold it until you were back, and I was so scared. I thought you weren't going to make and then, I would be alone." You kept crying. Levi put the baby on the crib next to you and leaned in to hug you in his arms. "I was so scared."

"You don't have to be scared anymore. I'm here. And I won't leave you alone, neither you nor our baby. Does that sound right?" You nodded, he kissed your temple, "Ok, now. Do you want to meet our baby?" He pulled the baby back from the crib and into your arms. "I think we are lucky he looks like you."

It was the most beautiful baby in the world, so fragile in your arms, "Are we going to be ok?" You asked Levi, he understood what you meant. He sat next to you on the bed. "I just want to be sure our baby is going to be safe."

"It's difficult to assure something like that, my Love. But then again, we are here to do our best to get that to happen, aren't we?" You nodded, "I fight for this world so you and our baby would have a peaceful world to live in. And I'll keep fighting for the rest of my life. I'm sure you will too." You smiled at him, "Now, Hange has been creeping out of the infirmary, crazy to get inside and hold the baby. Do you want to let everyone in now? Or you want to rest a bit more?"

"Let them come in." Just as Levi opened the door, a flood of people jumped into the infirmary with you. A lot of voices talking at the same time. And hugging you and smiling. Some even got gifts for the baby.

"Shut up or I'll throw you back outside." Levi said sitting next to you with the baby in his arms, everybody was telling you how cute the baby was or asking how much it hurt, Sasha wanted to know if you already ate, but Levi was focused on the baby, holding him. as if his entire life was in his arms, and he was not wrong, your life was also there. You totally understood.

When everyone left the place, Historia stayed a bit longer to talk to you, but then it was just Levi, your baby and you. "Give him to me, I'll feed him." You asked him and slowly Levi put the baby on your chest. You started to feed him with Levi's eyes not going away from you. "Is everything ok, Levi?" He seemed to consider it for a second before saying something.

"I'm going to protect you two, with my life. That's a promise."