Masquerade

Vicki's POV

Vicki's POV

After leaving Mason in a safe house, I went back to Mystic Falls. Just in time for the masquerade ball.

My first step was the gilbert house. I knock on the door before opening it and stepping inside.

I walk over to the kitchen and see Jenna pouring a cup of coffee. I rush over to her and check her over. I don't smell blood, good.

I pull her into a hug and she chuckles. "Whoa there, somebodys happy to see me. How was your trip?"

"Amazing, New Orleans is gorgeous this time of year. How are you doing?" I release her from my tight hug and pour myself a cup of coffee as well.

"Great. I was helping over at the Lockwoods yesterday for the masquerade ball. I don't think I'll go though, are you going?"

"Yeah. I have the perfect dress too."

"What's got you all smiley?"

I blush. Excuse me ma'am, you don't blush. Stop that. "Nothing."

"Is it a guy?" she asks all excited.

I huff. "How'd you do that?"

She shrugs with a smirk. "I have my ways."

Elena and Jeremy walk in. "Who are you talking to Jenna?"

I turn around and smile. "Missed me?"

Jeremy comes over and hugs me, lifting my feet off the ground. I look over his shoulder at Elena. She's smiling slightly.

"Hey Vicki, can I talk to you outside?"

"Sure." I replied hesitantly. Jeremy releases me and I follow her out onto the porch.

It's silent for a moment before she speaks. "I just wanted to say thank you for what you did before you left. The well and saving jenna."

"Well yeah, I didn't want to see anyone get hurt. But you're welcome. I don't actually hate you." That much. "So I'll see you at the masquerade ball?"

"Oh. um. I'm actually not going."

"Oh, bummer. See you later." I walk away before she can say anything else. God, that was awkward.

My second stop for the day is the salvatore boarding house. I'm fully prepared for payback from Damon.

I ran a little errand on the way so I arrived just in time for the plan for tonight. And I came in at the perfect time. Everyone is here, except for Elena.

When I walk in, all heads whip towards the door. Damon speeds over and grips me by the throat. Welp, I expected that reaction.

I grab his hand and break his wrist so that he lets me go. I then knee his stomach and push him to the ground before walking over to everyone else.