8 - Red Dress

George had tossed and turned through the night, unsure how he felt such guilt for someone like Autumn Carrow and yet he did.

He seen something in her, something she wouldn't have wanted him to see.

Emotion.

He seen her truly for a moment, as she wished him to. She had spoken in riddles but now he understood. Perhaps she didn't want to be this way. She stuck up for his sister when no other Slytherin would have. Maybe he had been too judging too soon.

He hadn't spoken her for a while after their meeting in the library, it was now a Friday and he would be in potions with her for their final lesson of the week.

He had seen her, in potions, but no words were spoken, although today he decided today that he would broach her with an apology.

He had actually arrived to the class fairly early hoping to catch before she should enter.

He stood there, back against the stone wall waiting for her, Fred by his side, unsure why he had been dragged along so early, but, he had his suspicions. He knew his brothers, his twin specifically very well.

George hadn't really said much just twiddled his wand around between his fingers.

He seemed nervous, Fred had thought.

A blissful hum reached George's ears from along the hallway, his head came up, finding her instantly. Autumn Carrow.

His eyes quickly fell to her arm, her arm which had been intertwined with Draco Malfoys. George went from being filled with guilt, to being filled with anger.

He refused to believe what Fred knew.

George was jealous.

George on the other hand decided that he was wrong, she wasn't redeeming in any way, she was the sinful Carrow he knew her to be.

She seemed to be so damn offended over his implication of her and Draco, and here she was all over him, giggling at something he had just whispered in her ear.

George watched as her other hand came up to Dracos chest resting atop as the pair laughed.

What George hadn't seen was Autumns eyes finding him, finding him seething, chest heaving and anger radiating from his being.

Her brow raised, was he annoyed at her? Still?

Draco unlocked his arm with hers to head to another class leaving her with Daphne, walking toward the twins and the entrance to Snapes classroom.

George hadn't looked up at her as she walked past but the fanning of her scent in her passing caught his attention, apple and jasmine. He recalled that whenever they had spoken he could smell the sweet peppermint from her breath.

He shouldn't remember all these small details of her, and yet he did.

The scent still filled his nostrils, which had him lift his head to see her standing in front of him, awaiting his attention.

"Have you added to my notes?" She spoke so innocently, and yet he knew she was the opposite.

Fred gave George a nudge, due to the silent moments between the pair as he stared down at her, she liked it though, his eyes on her.

"I've found myself too busy" George smiled wickedly before continuing on, "perhaps Malfoy will do it?" He was trying to get to her again, using the same tricks she had imagined.

Until she looked more, seen him, his eyes flared, his jaw clicked.

He was jealous.

That's why he had been staring, George was jealous of Draco.