37 - Something Olde, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Autumn Carrow felt as though she hadn't slept a wink. It had been near nine in the morning and she had been staring at the ceiling all night, the ceiling of the bedroom her mother had always promised Autumn would've resided in had she not ran like a coward. She'd even tried to escaped at one point to find George but Pansy refused it because 'a bride and a groom are not to see each other the day of the wedding' she claimed it would be bad luck and Autumn would need all the good luck she could get for the day ahead to run smoothly. She knew her father would never have known where it were to be held, considering he'd never managed to locate her mother and Sirius in his rage filled hunt for the pair and yet she'd been consumed by this overwhelming fear he'd be in attendance.

She'd do anything to ensure George's safety which had been why she'd taken measures he hadn't known about or he would of course stand in her way. The only thing Pansy had allowed was Autumn giving Draco a gift to drop off for George. Part of her had wondered if there had been a point to this, if her father did show face they would never be wed. Amycus Carrow would do anything in his power to stop this and she knew it but she'd force that down and focus on the good. She'd found herself a Sirius, someone should would forever protect and vice versa.

Autumn had never loved someone they way she'd loved George. She'd never felt the love he'd shown her either. In fact all of this was new to her she was even now preparing herself to marry him. She'd fought with the idea it had been too soon, she was almost eighteen and set to be a wife before that date, then however she would remind herself that her father wished her to be wed at the age of sixteen but had agreed to delay a year so that she could focus on her studies. If it hadn't been for that she could be married to some callous death eater who resembled her father all too much. Instead she had George, sweet and kind George who she would love whether he returned the feeling or not she'd know that she had married a man she loved.

Three curt knocks found her ears to reveal Pansy with a rather large grin, letting herself in. Closing the door tightly to ensure George — who had been at the opposite end of the rather large home — didn't see Autumn, "this place is super cute" she squealed sitting down on the bed Autumn still lay in, "will it be left to you or?—" essentially Pansy was trying to subtly ask if she was on talking terms with her mother, or at least enough to know if she'd one day own this home.

"I haven't asked" Autumns tone came out rather cold, colder than usual at least, "and I don't plan to", to Pansy her expressions had been far too depressing for a wedding day.

A light smack on her arm would have Autumn raising her brows at Pansy confused, "my best friend is getting married today" she beamed grabbing Autumns hands to tug her from laying down to sitting up, "oh and I have your something new and your something blue, killing two birds with one stone" a flash of blush coated Pansys cheeks as she reached into her pocket to pull out a smaller blue box.

She'd already had something old, a necklace her mother had bought for her many years prior. Her something borrowed had been the brooch Remus Lupin had given her. Now Pansy had handed her a blue box intent on her opening whatever had been inside. A small laugh escaped her at her friends giddiness.

Lifting the lid she had to pull away light blue tissue paper to reveal a garter in the same light blue colour, "of course" Autumn smiled. A garter for underneath her dress. Something new and something blue, "thank you" she tugged her friend in for a hug.

"Enough with the soppiness, we need to get you ready my blushing bride!"

George Weasley was stood with a butter beer in hand laughing at his twin and friends trying to get themselves dressed before helping him. He hadn't told his parents nor his other siblings aside from Bill who'd wrote to him a few days prior. He'd been half expecting an angry letter from his mother shortly after but instead Bill wrote back calling him a not so little rebel and telling him how proud he was, that he'd taken after him.