22 - You've Grown

"So, how's your missus?" Lee Jordan rolled over on the bed he'd been spread out on, like a starfish, to face his redhead friend who just entered the room.

As soon as he'd said the word missus George immediately thought of Autumn. Of course he knew that's who Lee was referring to but just instinctively, she found her way back into his head, not that she didn't visit regularly. George had found himself thinking about her and what they shared regularly but Godric when he sat beside her in potions he felt like his body was on fire. Desperate to touch her, hold her, feel her the way he had that night.

He knew Lee couldn't have known what happened, he was simply trying to be on the wind up.

"Georgie?" The boy spoke up again after not receiving an answer and being stared at awkwardly while the thoughts of Autumn filled his friends mind.

"Uh what?" He'd cleared his throat, stepping further into the room rather than standing still at the door.

Now that he'd thought about it, he hadn't really spoken to Autumn since besides the odd question in potions, but aside from that he hadn't checked up on her. He had assumed she was alright but that wasn't enough, he needed to know and he didn't.

He had been kicking himself in every second breath however, telling himself he shouldn't care as much as he'd found himself caring for her but something had changed, for him at least. A gear had turned, something had shifted for him, it was like he'd now seen an entirely different side to Autumn. She was caring, strong and a rocking feminist under all that big bad Carrow façade.

"Have you spoken to Autumn since you battered the brains outta Pucey?" His friend had now sat up on his bed and faced him watching as George dropped his bag onto the floor by his bed.

"Yea we spoke that night" George hadn't exactly thought before he'd spoken.

He'd told Lee he was going for a wander that night when he'd caught him sneaking out the door, said he had to take some time to himself. He then told him on his return that he sat out in the courtyard and stared up at the stars. Which of course, was a blatant lie. He was in a cupboard with Autumn Carrow.

"That night huh?" Lee smirked, "I thought you went stargazing that night"

His emphasis just to totally take the piss out his counterpart who gave him a glare and fell back onto his bed.

"Bumped into her on the way" he tried to stay cool.

Lee knew better of course, he hadn't believed the lie as soon as George had said it last week.

George had returned with a creased T-shirt, messy hair, shaking hands and he could've sworn in the morning George's lips looked a little swollen. He hadn't said anything at the time, waiting for this moment to get the full story.

"Bump into her lips too yea?" The shorter of the pair poked fun at his friend who tilted his head up from his now sprawled out position on the bed.

"Fuck up Lee" was the only answer he'd received.

That was however followed by a coy smile George had attempted to hide with his hand.

That hadn't worked.

"Holy shit" Lee laughed letting his head fall back on the pillows, George leaned up once again to see his friend acting like a child.

"What?"

"You and Autumn Carrow slept together" Lee sat back up, watching George's Adam's apple bob due to his nervous swallow, "holy fuck you did, you sly sly bastard" making his way over to George's bed he smacked the boys chest.