9 - Drunken Words

George Weasley enjoyed having a drink sure, but Fred could only think of about 5 instances where he'd gotten himself drunk and not just his usually tipsy state. Only once out of those very few times leaving George utterly legless.

That would now be twice.

George had stopped since he sat back down with the bottle of fire whiskey.

He finished it off and then continued to drink God knows what, Fred knew why, he was looking at her, laughing with her friends across the room.

He didn't know how a Carrow could have such an effect on his brother but here they were.

Well here Fred was, George had wandered off.

He had in fact just made his way to the large door at the opposite end of the room of requirement, where it went he hadn't known but he was about to find out.

It had taken him out onto a large spiral staircase which let him up to the top of one of the towers in Hogwarts, it was a beautiful view, even if he wasn't able to appreciate it as much as he would've if he hadn't have drank as much as he had.

He wouldn't tell anyone who asked him why he'd drank so much the reason but he knew it.

She was there.

She was staring at him, stealing glances that she shouldn't have all while sitting curled up by Draco Malfoy.

The sight of her so close to him irritated George and he hadn't known why but it did.

His hands gripped the stone at the bottom of the very open windowed area, looking out, trying to steady himself. Trying to stop thinking about her but that wasn't as easy as he'd thought.

He couldn't stand her nor what she and her family stood for, and yet he couldn't stop thinking about her. No matter what he did, when he wasn't busy..

Or even when he was.

He swayed from the alcohol levels in his blood stream, looking carelessly out at the world.

"Perhaps you should step away from the window before you fall out" he almost for a second thought his stupid brain had conjured her voice, to make him believe she was there, that was until a hand came into contact with his upper arm and a further more whispered word, "George".

Her whisper was warning, her hand on his arm in an attempt to warn him again, to step back.

He didn't, he only turned his head to make direct eye contact with her, looking down to find her already looking up, her face filled with what George believed to be concern.

Then he let out a laugh which only confused Autumn.

She of course didn't know he'd taken her look to be that of concern and now he'd began laughing at the thought of her being concerned for him.

It was indeed laughable.

He staggered slightly due to the pure volume of his laugh, "tell me Carrow" he looked back her way, this time turning his whole body in her direction, still stood in front of the open window, "what did you tell your friends?"

Her brows furrowed, she thought she spoke in riddles but this was something entirely different.

"What are you talking about?" Of course her hand was no longer on his arm and now both of them on her own hips.

"When you followed me up here, what did you tell them?" He swayed again, taking a step forward to balance himself, only now he was closer to her, "did you tell them that you were coming up here to push me to my death?" He let out another humourless laugh.