12 - Brooch

Autumn Carrow felt the air flush against her skin as Draco Malfoy carried her back to her dormitory, the speed of his walking causing the air to hit her quicker and cooler, thus wakening her.

She lifted her head to be met with Dracos, he hadn't looked back at her, only continued to pace down the halls.

"Your father should change your name to trouble" he muttered, "because that's all you seem to be in".

She furrowed her brows at his words, unsure why he would say something like that, unsure why he was carrying her bridal style at what seemed to be late through the night.

She tried to turn her head rather quickly to look around, a bit too quickly, this causing her to feel this overwhelming dizziness.

She knew then she'd been drinking again.

Perhaps she took it too far this time, although, she figured she had reason too after the letter she received that morning. She hadn't told anyone about it, refused to in fact, she'd also hidden it under one of the floorboards in her dorm which she pulled up and covered with a rug so Snape would be none the wiser.

"My head" she mumbled lifting the arm that hadn't been around his neck to place her hand on her head as if that would stop the world spinning.

Draco let out a sort of quick laugh, although it hadn't even registered with Autumn.

"Your head will hurt more in the morning" he confirmed only one more length down the hall until they would reach the common room entrance, "due to the hangover" he took a quick look at her for the first time to see her head still firmly on her head and eyes closed, "or perhaps it'll hurt when I tell you where I found you"

Her eyes opened then, she felt her mind fog had cleared at his words.

She moved her hand from her head.

"Where did you find me?" She hadn't wanted to sound angry or demanding but instead it came out in a drunken whisper while her finger pressed into his chest.

He only laughed before whispering the passphrase to enter.

She found herself feeling tired once again, allowing her head to fall atop of his shoulder, it was oddly comforting.

Draco only continued in the common room finding Blaise sat in the common area with a beer in his head, although he wasn't drunk, just lonely, he watched as Malfoy shushed him to ensure he didn't disturb Autumn.

Blaise held his hands up in defence watching as he carried the girl up the stairs.

Upon arrival at her door he murmured, "shit" realising he didn't have the key, nor his wand to open it that way, "Auttie" he nudged the arm she lay against a few times until she stirred and looked up at him, "your key, where's your dorm key?" He whispered down to her.

She looked down at her cloak, "inside pocket".

She watched as he delved his hand down to the pocket inside her cloak, ensuring not to touch her anywhere else.

She watched as he did so, also watching the shock on his face as he swore, "what the fuck Autumn" he gritted his teeth pulling something as well as the key from her pocket.

She found her feet placed firmly on the ground once again trying to balance herself.

"What?" She pushed her back against the wall.

Cringing at his volume, even though it hadn't been as loud as you'd imagine from her reaction.

She watched as he opened his hand to reveal the brooch Lupin had given her, the brooch that was glowing green.