10 - Evil

Autumn had been described as crabbit all week by Malfoy who had tried to cheer the girl up with no luck.

She hadn't said more than 10 words to George Weasley the entire week throughout potions, she only slid over any notes she had for him to copy while she tested different ingredients and how they had reacted with their potion.

George had done the same, he hadn't known if he was ashamed of her or himself.

More likely the latter.

When her final class had finished and she was free to leave she made her way to a place she knew she'd never be judged.

Professor Lupin's classroom.

Her knocks hinted to him just who it was, one quick knock, followed by a silence, then a second harder knock followed by the final quick and quiet one.

"Miss Carrow, you can enter" he called down the classroom from his desk, watching as the door opened to reveal a rather defeated looking Autumn, one he didn't see very regularly.

She walked up and stood before his desk unsure just how to ask what she wanted to without coming across blunt or childish.

"Do you believe me to be a bad person?" She lifted her head after speaking, lips in a line and awaiting a response only for the professor to tilt his head, confused as to where this came from, "do you think me immoral, malicious, and sinful" the 3 words that had been on a continuous loop in her head.

Remus stood up from his seat shaking his head at the girl.

"Where has this come from?" He gave her a questioning look, knowing all too well the battle going on in the girls mind.

"I just need to know if I'm as bad as people say I am" she shrugged it off hoping he hadn't caught on to the fact it wasn't peoples opinion at all, it was George Weasley's.

Although he had, noticed this wasn't just about anyone, although he hadn't known who exactly had made her feel this way.

"I believe you're only as bad as you want to be" Remus opened a drawer while he spoke.

The crinkling of the silver foil in his hand became apparent while he snapped off a small piece of chocolate.

"I don't need your bullshit riddle like answers I need the truth" her eyes widened as she realised how she'd just spoke to a professor, one that was not the head of her house and would not vouch for her, "apologies, I don't know what came over me" she blurted out as quickly as she could, before he could respond.

Remus only laughed and held out the chocolate bar after breaking off a piece of it for himself.

"Here, chocolate never fails to provide comfort" he smiled as she took the bar, breaking off a piece to try, happy when a small smile found her while she tasted the caramel flavoured goodness, "I do not think you are a bad person Miss Carrow" he paused for a moment, "in fact, you know I don't, however- forgive me if I am talking out of turn here" he took a deep breath, "I do believe you can be easily influenced by your father, like many of us are"

She didn't argue, didn't interject nor give him hassle for daring to judge her father.

She just nodded, knowing what he had said was true.

"You don't have to be" his words had her look up, "influenced I mean, it is your choice" he moved around the table to the girl who looked utterly defeated, "you put on a brave face Autumn Carrow, even if you may be in the wrong at times, we all are" he stood before her, "I will never blame a child for their behaviour, it is simply something they've been taught" she gave him a questioning look, "or a young adult" he held his hands up in defence.