39 - Betrayal Cuts Deep

George Weasley had to be held back by his twin at the sight of his love bleeding on the floor. Fred seemed intent on keeping him back, George of course hadn't known why only that he'd want to ensure his safety—though he'd promised to keep Autumn safe above everyone else that very morning. He'd swore an oath in fact and he was going against his word already. George had muttered that he had to let him help, that he owed him this but it had been no use. He'd even had a confused Lee and Oliver assist when George overpowered.

"You made one mistake" Autumn coughed by his feet spitting out a little blood from where she'd bitten her tongue at the impact, letting a laugh stumble out only enraging Amycus further, "you always were to quick for revenge" she continued, "never ensured you knew what you were walking into"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Everyone else held their tongue as Amycus stood with his back to the stairs, yanking her hair.

George eased up on his twin and friends taking a glimpse at Fred who would mouth trust me, and George did. He always would. Though his fear for Autumns life had him torn.

"Our whole lives I had to be the one to remind you— take caution, it would seem after I left, you continued to be reckless" his face screwed up, "have you heard of a tricky little potion called Polyjuice?" Relief flooded through George Weasleys chest like no other feeling he'd ever felt. If that wasn't Autumn, then where—

"Crucio" Autumn Weasley yelled with her mothers wand pointing straight toward her father, watching him drop to his knees and clutch his stomach. Running down the staircase she'd appeared from she grabbed her mother —who had slowly started transforming back into herself— by the arm and pulling her toward everyone surrounding her father. She hadn't been wearing her dress, shed instead been wearing a skirt and blouse.

"Stupid girl" he'd curse through the pain, "you thought I'd come alone?" His breathlessness due to the impact made her smile.

"I was hoping you wouldn't" she'd clasp her hand in George's, "I'd like to have a chat with that witch of yours" her words were like poison, "Bellatrix, I owe her an injury"

George would lean down to Autumns ear, "I didn't marry your mother did I?" That would've made her laugh had it not been for the severity of the situation they'd found themselves in and the serious look upon his face.

"No, that was all me"

Twenty minutes prior Autumn had excused herself to collect the cake cutting knife. A smile felt like it had been a permanent edition to her face the entire day. Humming whilst she opened the drawer imagining how perfect her life could be. She'd married for love—rather quickly but she had. She no longer carried that name.

She lifted out a leather bag which held a cake cutting knife Remus had made for the pair. Running her finger over the initials she sucked in a relieved breath. GW & AW. Fred Weasley placed a hand on her shoulder giving her a spook.

"Jesus—" she clutched a hand to her chest dropping the leather pouch, luckily she hadn't removed the knife at that stage.

Fred let out a laugh dropping down to pick it up, "sorry Autumn" he'd hand her the pouch, "I didn't mean to—"

"Scare me half to death?"

"Well—yes" the pair would laugh, "Georgie would've had my head if you had been scared, even if only half, to death" he opened his arms for a hug, "you're my sister now, don't look so cautious"

Autumn would nod and accept. You're my sister now. She'd finally had a family. After Sirius's death ahed came to peace with a life of loneliness. George had saved her from everything and she'd forever owe him her love and life.