16

Chapter Sixteen: No I in Team

Houston, Texas
June 22nd
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

Onika tore away from the grip I had on her and her head whipped to my vibrating cell phone. The lights inside were like a party, flashing and blinking with each notification.

The well ran dry. She pushed her ass against me, ignoring my orgasmic moans. She pushed against my stomach until she could successfully get away then rolled away from me, resting on her back, staring at herself in the mirror. Her breathing skipped, mouth opened before it shut and she did that all over again. Four times.

She had stopped both of our orgasms at the station and now she was shaking like we'd gone at it for rounds.

"Beyoncé... Honey," She reached over and touched my sweaty arm.

"Yeah?" I tried to regulate my breathing too.

"Do you love me?"

"Yes."

"Say it right now."

"I love you baby."

She laughed a stale laugh, "Who the fuck is calling you over and over at two in the morning?"

"I don't know baby. I'm not over there."

That didn't stop her laugh or her curiosity. She took her hand away from me like I was burning up.

"I'll ask you one more time Beyoncé. I don't wanna act stupid, please. It's two in the morning and you're having sex with your wife. Who can't stop calling you back to back? The bitch can't catch the hint? Damn," She rolled her eyes, hopped out of the bed, her naked body bouncing to the bathroom.

I stayed quiet. I knew it was Damien, sending messages and calling to give updates. He was a great communicator, let me know exactly when he was going to do something pertaining to our agreement.

"Am I talking to myself?" She shouted from the bathroom and I heard the water start.

I laid there, staring at myself, staring at the person all this time had turned me into. I was better than this. I didn't drink, I didn't set people up to be killed, but circumstances were turning me into that monster.

Eric had pushed that deadly button inside me and he had to go. I was truly desperate. All I ever wanted to do was love my woman after all this. It was bullshit after bullshit and I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to scream, tear my hair out, and beat everyone down in a fifty mile radius. I was out of options.

Something wet hit me in the face. I jumped as the loofah fell to the floor then looked at Onika who was standing in the doorway of the bathroom.

"That's what the fuck you get. Do not ignore me."

"Babe I don't know."

"Are you stupid? You don't see that phone going off right there? Figure it out."

I had to come up with my lie fast. I rolled out of the bed lazily, like I didn't care that she was standing under those fluorescent lights seething. I shuffled to the nightstand and picked up my phone, reading the messages from Damien. The address and date of his art show. Black had also sent me pictures of Kiyomi sleeping on the hair that Red had just done.

"It's Black," I told her, going to her thread.

"You think I'm gonna believe pregnant Ebony is going to be blowing you up at two in the morning? You must think I'm stupid."

I went and showed her the pictures of Kiki that Ebony had just sent me. She looked skeptical. She looked into the phone, looked at me, then walked away to the running water.