18

Chapter Eighteen: Planning

Houston, Texas
July 7th
Ebony 'Black' Riek

The patio door opened and I looked back at my husband who had my sleepy daughter by his side. She was my weakness and he knew. The way I'd felt when that little girl was born was a feeling that couldn't be duplicated.

When she was born, I knew that my cards were dealt this way so I could be that child's mother.

"Good night Mama," She came over to me, rubbing her eyes. She crawled up into my lap, refusing to believe that she was too big for this.

I hugged my baby girl back and kissed her on the head, "Good night pretty girl."

"I love you."

"I love you too. Go to bed baby."

Cameron took her to bed and shut the patio door behind him when he came back.

I knew my man. He wanted to talk to me and that was fine. We hadn't been speaking to one another too nice lately and Cameron was a man of few fights. He loved me, we just couldn't seem to agree on this.

He pulled a patio chair closer to me. He grabbed my hand and rubbed the back before kissing it.

"Hey."

"Hi," I responded.

"I miss that loud mouth of yours."

"Do you? You've been trying to shut me up for weeks."

"I haven't."

"Could've fooled me."

I wanted to take my hand away from him, but he was also a weakness of mine. I let him touch me because I didn't know what my mind would do if he didn't want to anymore. I was so in love with the man I would do anything for him. I just wished we could agree.

"I wanna talk to you baby."

I sat my book down beside me and gave him my full attention, "What do you wanna talk about?"

"I think you know."

"Reiterate it to me."

"I'd like for you to have my son and I know your conditions. I know you won't even allow me to get close unless we come to a common ground."

"I don't think my one condition is asking for too much. I just want a good, fulfilling pregnancy the way that everyone around me has. Can you understand me Cameron? Can you see why a pregnant woman would want it her way?"

"I'm teaching Beyoncé the craft so she can take my spot for ten months."

Now he had 100% of my attention. I turned my body to him completely, nudging him to continue.

"If you let me, I'll stay from beginning to end. I'll stay by your side the whole time the way we did with Nadine. I don't see it as giving up. We want the same thing and this fight is tearing us apart. That's not what I want."