22

Chapter Twenty Two: Highlight Reel

Houston, Texas
September 3rd
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

I placed my hand on Ivory's forehead, "How you feeling baby girl? You're twelve now. That's big girl status."

She looked up at me with that perfect smile, her eyes so bright and full of childlike innocence. As a mother, I wanted her to stay this way. I wanted her to stop growing right here so she could stay Mama's baby.

"I don't feel different Mama," She shrugged her shoulders, "I'm still the same ole Ivory."

"Stay the same ole Ivory."

"Can you put me on your back?"

"You don't think you're too old for that?"

"I'm the same ole Ivory, you just said that! Plus it's my birthday!"

I squatted down so she could hop on my back. She was in my ear giggling and thanking me while simultaneously saying hello to everybody that we passed. She was the princess, it was her birthday. Plus this was usual treatment for Miss Lovely Maraj.

"Happy birthday Ivory!" Kiki was right behind us. When we turned around, she had all three of her parents behind her, holding gifts that were big, big, and bigger.

They just didn't know how to stop.

"I'm gonna let you down baby, so you can talk to Kiki."

"Will you come back?"

"I'll come back."

"Alright then," She kissed my cheek and jumped down, her and Kiki running off to find Cetiri.

"Y'all can put those on the gift table," I said and showed them where the mountain of gifts were.

I loved to watch them all interact, loved how gentle they both were with Black. She was carrying their son, she was their trophy.

And she was so damn happy. I had never seen Black smile so much. She knew that she was still gorgeous, because both Nadine and Cameron kissed her ass and made her feel that way. I loved it for her. The love that she wanted deep down had found her.

She was growing rapidly with that boy inside her and if he was anything like his father, he was going to be huge. That child was going to be very loved, especially by Cameron.

"I hope y'all didn't get her nothing that's going to make her head any bigger than it already is."

"You said that way too late to him," Nadine said and Cameron was grinning like a little boy in trouble.

"What did you get her?"

"Don't worry about it. Where's that lovely lady you call your wife?"

At the sound of her name, she came, her body resting against mine with a big smile. Eyes fell to her small, poking belly.

She was proud of her pudge, wearing a long, form-fitting dress. She was so damn gorgeous.

"Hi y'all," She waved, mostly to Black. It was like those pregnant bellies spoke to one another.

"You look real good," Nadine complimented her, "Damn that's not even fair."

"Alright, don't do too much," Black looked like she wanted to take Nadine's head off.