Chapter 2: The Plan

Third person POV:

Boris was starting to shake and was holding tears of grief and anger. Mugman felt so much pity for the poor wolf but had no idea how to comfort him, so he merely patted him on the back and told him it was going to be alright. This broke Boris. His tears started pouring down his face like a waterfall and he started muttering broken sentences, "No...Alice...Sammy...not me...too much ink..." Suddenly, he collapsed onto his knees and just sobbed into his hands. "I should have stayed in the studio..." Boris sighed sounding utterly defeated. Cuphead felt guilty, he didn't mean to make the poor guy cry. He just didnt trust him yet. But then it hit Cuphead like a ton of bricks. Boris was missing his brother. Cuphead tried to imagine what it would be like if he lost Mugman and couldn't find him on his own. He would be just as broken as the tall boy crying on the floor. "We'll find your brother." "Huh?" Boris was confused and distraught. This was the guy who was insulting him since they met, but now he was making promises.

"I said we are going to find your brother." Cuphead repeated sounding more confident this time. Mugman piped in giving Boris a small side hug, "Yeah! I promise well find him and bring him home safe and sound." Boris wiped his tears and slowly stood up to which Mugman commented, "What's that black stuff leaking down your forehead?" Boris became worried at the words Mugman was saying and slowly touched his face and felt something slimy on his fingers. "I-ink!" Boris stammered. "How'd you get ink on your face?" Cuphead asked with genuine curiosity. "This has never happened to me; it usually only happens to Bendy!" Boris was starting to panic at this point with Mugman and Cuphead growing more and more confused with every second. "What is happening exactly?" The blue cup asked sounding worried. "Ink overdose, it used to happen to Bendy when he was upset. I must have got it since I've been more stressed than ever." This was true, Boris has been stressed ever since Bendy disappeared the previous year.

"How do we stop it?!" Mugman asked sounding more worried than ever before. Boris was starting to calm down, "Don't worry Mugman, it's only a little bit so as long as I calm down it should go away on its own." Mugman sighed a breath of relief. Cuphead then realized something, "You said your brother has this problem too, is it worse for him?" "Yes, Bendy can go full ink beast if he's too upset. Although that only happened a few times." Boris stated seeming to realize something. "I can tell you the ways to calm him down compared to how much ink is leaking down his face." Boris then began shuffling through his pockets pulling out 4 photographs. "If Bendy looks like this:"

"You'll be fine to just walk up to him

"You'll be fine to just walk up to him." "That's what he looks like?" Cuphead stated under his breath. "If he looks like this:" Boris continued not hearing what the cup had said.

"He'll be irritable but as long as you talk slowly you should be fine

"He'll be irritable but as long as you talk slowly you should be fine." Mugman gulped, this was only the second picture. "Now you want to be more wary of this one:"

"If he looks like this don't speak in full sentences

"If he looks like this don't speak in full sentences. Just use works he'll understand, like my name or 'saving him'." "Did he get taller?" Cuphead whispered to his brother. Mugman only nodded looking a bit nervous. "Oh, and if he looks like this:"

"I would suggest either tackling him or to run for your life

"I would suggest either tackling him or to run for your life." The cups were really nervous at this point. "What have we gotten ourselves into?" They thought but dare not say it out loud. "So!" Mugman said seeming to dismiss his nerves, "What's your plan to get me and Cup into the underworld?" "Oh, that's the easy part." Boris said sounding more confident to share his plan, "Back on the island I live on me and my...Um...Friend! Yeah, friend Sammy had drawn a pentagram." Boris said while pointing at a diagram he had laid out earlier. "We had also discovered some strange rocks near where Bendy disappeared," Boris continued pointing at a different part of the diagram. "Sammy decided it would be a good idea to crack one of those suckers open despite my protests." Boris chuckled sounding a little fed up. 

"Well, when he opened one of the rocks up, he found this weird glowing powder inside. And then he thought it would be a genius idea to put the powder on the pentagram! And when he did the whole thing began to shoot a beam upwards! If I hadn't walked in Sammy would have jumped in headfirst." Cuphead was strangely invested into the story of the pentagram while Mugman was thinking about how sketchy this 'Sammy' guy sounded. "Anyway, I had figured how to close the portal so that other demons wouldn't escape and reminded Sammy how we promised Bendy that we wouldn't put ourselves in danger." Boris stated, clearly making sure he wouldn't break that promise. "Then I left to find the two warriors that managed to take down the devil."

"So, what exactly do you want us to do Boris?" Mugman asked still a little confused. "Well, I was hoping to send the two of you down to hell, kind of seal you in there, and then you'd find Bendy and open the portal up on your end to get the three of you back up." Boris was scratching the back of his neck hoping they wouldn't back out now. "How are we supposed to open a portal up once we're in hell?" Cuphead asked, ready for action. "I was planning to give one of you a bag of the powder before you left. So, what do you guys say?" "Yeah! This is going to be another fun butt-kicking adventure!" Cuphead squealed excitedly. "Well, if he's going someone has to make sure he doesn't get himself killed." Mugman said, clearly nervous but wanting to help. "That's great!" Boris said flashing a genuine smile. "But mind if I stay the night first? I'm beat."