Chapter 33: Confession

"Just a crush. Just a crush! JUST A CRUSH!" Cuphead repeated this in his head on loop. Eventually Cuphead heard a knock on the door. "Bro are ya okay? You've been in the bathroom for 15 minutes." Mugman said from the other side of the door. "I'm fine!" Cuphead yelled back. Cuphead didn't know it but both Bendy and Boris were outside the bathroom as well, both just as concerned as Mugman. "Just...Just give me a minute!" "I'll talk to him. It'll be better if ya guys wait in the living room." Mugman whispered to the concerned ink brothers.

"No way! Something is clearly upsetting him!" Bendy whisper-shouted. Boris already walked off. He knew he wouldn't be any help in this one situation and there is something he wants to practice. "Please Bendy it would be better if I just deal with it." Mugman said calmly. "Not until you give me a good reason why I can't help." Bendy said, determined. "Cuphead made me promise not to tell ya." Mugman said, a bit nervous. "I'm helping." Bendy decided. "No, you're not." Mugman retaliated. "Why the hell not!" "You are the reason he's hiding!"

Bendy stopped in his tracks "What?" He gasped. Bendy was quiet and in shock. He was the reason Cuphead was hiding in the bathroom. Mugman seemed to realize his mistake and immediately backtracked, "No...Wait...I-I didn't mean it like that! Ya didn't do anythin' wrong." "Then why am I the reason he is hiding?" Bendy said coldly. Mugman noticed a small trinkle of ink leaking down Bendy's face. "Well, I can't be the one to tell ya. It has to be Cuphead." Mugman said. He slightly raised his voice so Cuphead could hear, "He's just too nervous to tell ya!"

To say Cuphead was offended was an understatement. He could hear everything through the door, including how worried Bendy was about him. He could hear his brother keeping his promise. He heard Bendy's heartbroken 'what' upon hearing that he was the reason Cuphead was hiding. Cuphead felt his heart flutter. His face was a deep red. His head was bubbling but he no longer cared. It wasn't just a crush. Cuphead could finally admit it. He was head-over-heels in love with the ink demon.

Cuphead slowly turned the door handle catching the attention of the two boys waiting for him. He was still red. His head was still bubbling. He didn't even try to hide it. "Cup, your head's still bubblin'." Mugman whispered to his brother. "I know." Cuphead whispered back. "Are you okay?" Bendy asked the cup, "You're all red. Are you sick or somethin'?" "No, I ain't sick." Cuphead said. "Well then what's botherin' ya?" "Nothing right now." Cuphead said, "Can I talk to you Bendy...Outside." Bendy nodded, now feeling nervous.

Mugman turned to Cuphead, "Are ya doing what I think you're doin'?" Cuphead merely nodded. Bendy became more worried. His nerves grew as he followed Cuphead out of the house and through the clearing. They walked a few moments in silence. Bendy noticed Cuphead's demeanor. Cuphead seemed nervous but...excited for some reason. Bendy couldn't see the front of Cuphead's face but he could see that Cuphead's head was...boiling? Brewing? Bendy didn't know what to call it but he found it cute in a weird sort of way.

They stopped in the middle of the woods around Cuphead's house. Bendy attempted to start a conversation but stopped abruptly as he heard Cuphead mutter a sentence of encouragement to himself. "Come on Cuphead. You can do this. But you gotta make this good. This is your only chance." He said to himself harshly. Cuphead took a deep breath and turned to Bendy. Bendy finally got a look at Cuphead's face. His face was still red. It seemed like Cuphead was petrified. 

Cuphead stepped closer to Bendy. "Bendy, I have something...important...to tell you." he started. Bendy tilted his head. "What's up, Toots?" Cuphead's face flushed deeper. "Quiet, croissant head!" he said out of embarrassment. Bendy did a fake gasp of offence but Cuphead chose to ignore it. "Bendy what do you think of me?" Cuphead asked suddenly, catching Bendy off guard. "O-oh, well, you..." Bendy took a deep breath, "You're a great person and I'm glad you saved me." Bendy sent Cuphead a smile that made Cuphead's heart flutter.

"URG!" Cuphead groaned in frustration, "Why must you be so charming!?" "You...you think I'm charming?" Bendy exclaimed in surprise. "How couldn't I!?" Cuphead gasped, "You've done nothing but care for me and make me feel good!" Cuphead started pacing, "You call me all these nicknames! Not to mention how nice, cool, pretty, and just downright incredible you are!" Cuphead covered his mouth realizing what he just said. He wanted this to be special, but instead he just yelled at his crush about how awesome he thought he was.

But then he looked at Bendy. Bendy was standing still, practically frozen on the spot. A smile grew on Bendy's face. He ran up to Cuphead and hugged him, tight. They both were blushing. "This is great!" Bendy exclaimed, "You're amazing Cuphead! You're practically my hero!" Cuphead's already bubbling head started bubbling more. Bendy let go and looked at the cup, "Plus, you're adorable." Cuphead chuckled from embarrassment. "Does that mean we're datin' now?" Cuphead asked. "Do you want to?" Cuphead hit Bendy on the head. "Of course I do, you Nigmenog!"

Author's Note:

Is it weird to freak out over your own fanfiction. I was rewriting this chapter over and over to make sure this chapter was perfect. It made the chapter a bit longer than most but it was worth it.

Nigmenog: A very silly fellow.