Chapter 36: More Troubles

The two ink brothers stayed at the cup brother's house for three weeks. They didn't want to leave. They were both having a wonderful time on the Inkwell Isles. Bendy and Boris were enjoying spending time with Cuphead and Mugman. Boris helped Mugman with his sign language, and Mugman was getting much better, now being able to continue a basic conversation. Bendy did tell Boris that he was dating Cuphead now, and Boris was incredibly happy for them. The new couple didn't want to tell Elder Kettle until they were 100% sure that it wouldn't result in another demon related fight. 

The four were outside as Boris was practicing his ink-healing. The other three were watching as he mixed colored ink and formed it into leaves and petals on various flowers. They all stayed connected to the flowers. The ink was slightly off colored but was close to unnoticeable. "You've gotten really good at this Boris." Mugman said to the wolf. Boris blushed slightly, "Thanks Mugs." Boris snapped the stem of one of the flowers and mixed more ink together. Once he got the right consistency, he formed the two ends back together.

Boris stood back up, proud of his work. "I think I'm ready to work on somethin' bigger." he remarked. "Why don't ya try working on trees?" Bendy asked his brother. "That could work, but how are we supposed to damage the trees?" Boris questioned. "I think we got this covered." Cuphead said motioning to Mugman, "What'cha say Mugs? Feel like some target practice?" Mugman smiled while standing up, "Let's do this." Boris and Bendy were a bit confused, that is until Cuphead and Mugman sent an array of bullets from their fingers. 

The trees were left slightly burned with chunks of the bark missing. The ink brothers were speechless. "You can do that?!" Bendy exclaimed. "How do you think we managed to fight the Devil?" Cuphead questioned with a loving nudge. Boris made his way over to the scorched trees. "Woah..." he gasped in amazement. He immediately grabbed the ink and began mixing colors. He attempted to cover the burn marks and remake the missing bark. The ink stuck but did not match the texture of the tree properly. 

Boris attempted again and again; he was beginning to get frustrated which was only making his work more sloppy. Cuphead and Mugman kept burning holes in trees until they all saw the leaves of trees moving in the distance. The cause of the movement got closer to the four until a familiar man emerged from the trees. "Sammy?" Boris questioned upon seeing him. Sammy was breathing heavily as if he was running. "Sammy, are you okay? What are you doing here?" Bendy asked. "I finally found you." Sammy said between gasps for air. 

Sammy eventually was able to catch his breath. "Sammy, no offence, but why exactly are you here?" Boris asked the man. "He is back." Sammy said. "What?!" Boris exclaimed, a hint of fear in his voice, "Is everyone alright?!" "Yes, Lord Boris. Everyone was able to evacuate safely however he is on our island, and we no longer have a place to live." Sammy explained. Bendy was stunned. Ink was running down his face. Cuphead noticed this and tried to calm Bendy down, but it wasn't working. Bendy was enraged. He couldn't get away with this. Not again.