Chapter 19: Heavenly Encounter

Upon arriving at the disappearance spot Sammy noticed an odd pattern on the ground surrounded by a few more red stones. "Lord Boris, have you seen this strange pattern laid upon the floorboards?" Sammy questioned, looking down at the vent that the wolf was in. "I noticed it, but I didn't have enough time to get a good look at it." Boris whispered. "Would you like me to illustrate the pattern for you Lord Boris?" Sammy asked. "That would be great."

~~~~~~~~~~~~  

"He's really bad at drawing but he was so happy to help, and I didn't want to make him sad." Boris admitted. "Yeah...he was never good at that." Bendy replied. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Sammy handed Boris his crudely drawn image of what appeared to be the face of a humanoid goat. "Who is this?" Boris whispered under his breath. "It appears to be an image of the Devil's face." Sammy answered. "The Devil?! Does that mean Bendy was sent down to Hell?!" Boris gasped, raising his voice is surprise. "Lord Boris you must quiet down! The angel with discover you if you are too loud!" Sammy urged. "Sammy my brother is probably in hell right now! I have a right to be upset!" Boris yelled, no longer caring if he was heard. 

Sammy was unsure of what to say. He was never good at dealing with emotions, his own or others. Before he even had a chance to speak fast steps could be heard in the distance. They were getting closer and closer and louder and louder. Boris suddenly realized exactly what he had just done. He caused the angel to hear him. Boris shrunk further into the vent with fear. Sammy stood at the vent's grate with an axe in his hands. 

The angel ran into the same room that she thought she heard the wolf only to be greeted by a man with an axe. Alice has never conversed with that man and frankly didn't even remember his name, but she needed to find the perfect Boris, so she decided to ask the man what he'd heard. "Excuse me darling, have you seen a wolf go past here?" She asked the man. "I am afraid I have not seen a wolf travel past this area. My apologies Ms. Angel." Sammy replied stepping closer to the grate. 

"Well, if you find him can you be a dear and bring him to me?" Alice stated a bit frustrated that she lost the wolf once again. "May I ask why you are looking for a wolf of all things?" Sammy asked despite already knowing the answer. Boris did not dare move so he wouldn't make any extra noise despite his own fear. "Isn't it obvious?" Alice asked not waiting for an answer, "I'm imperfect. I need the wolf because he is perfect. I need to use him to make me perfect again." 

That statement baffled Sammy. It didn't make any logical sense. It was merely jumping to conclusions. Sammy nodded slightly pretending to understand the angel's twisted logic. The angel walked out of the room continuing her hunt. Sammy waited until he couldn't hear her footsteps anymore before kneeling to the vent. "The angel is gone my Lord." he said. Boris crawled closer to the grate still shaking slightly. "That was close... too close..." Boris whispered. "We need to escape this place."