Chapter 10: Rescue Mission

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter took longer. I'm failing half my classes and got grounded for a bit.

Also, you people can leave comments y'know.

"My fault...?" Cuphead repeated. "My fault?! It is not 'my fault' that I had to fight the Devil in order to get me and my brother's souls back! It's not 'my fault' that I didn't know that when all demons would be sealed away that there would be one demon that wasn't created in Hell! I'll tell you what's 'my fault' you slug-a-bed! My 'fault' was coming down here to try and rescue you!" Cuphead was yelling, his head practically boiling from anger. He didn't care if he was heard, he just wanted to show this demon what he was all about. 

They moved quietly through the hellscape. Bendy felt nervous due to the silence and still found it crazy that he would be able to see Boris again. His thoughts were going a million miles a minute gradually getting more excited with every step to this mystery destination Bendy knew nothing about. He was mindlessly following the two cups, well mostly the blue one, that put him into this mess in the first place. 

He started to wonder why they decided to help him. They did tell him that Boris found them and asked for help but Bendy couldn't figure out why they actually did. He couldn't see anyone actually going down to hell to save a demon for a total stranger. He replayed what Cuphead said when he got mad. Bendy wasn't able to hear most of it but he did hear the last sentence, "My fault was coming down here to try and rescue you."

 Bendy felt a bit bad but he refused to show what he was thinking. Suddenly, Mugman stopped causing Cuphead and Bendy to knock into him making a large clunking sound. "Shh!" Mugman put a finger in front of his mouth then pointed over to an area in the open. There was a demon sleeping there, upon seeing the demon Cuphead became worried. "What are we supposed to do now?" Cuphead whisper-yelled. "I'm confused. What's so important about that open area?" Bendy asked.

"That's where the pentagram is! How are we supposed to get home now!" Mugman said frantically. Mugman started to panic, hyperventilating. "Hey Mugs, come on look at me." Cuphead said calmly. "We can wait till the demon leaves." "That could take a while." Bendy said looking over at the demon. "I've seen that guy before; he takes long naps." "What are we supposed to do now!" Mugman asked more worried. "I could try transporting him with ink?" Bendy said nervously. 

"You can do that!?" Cuphead said. "Well, yeah. But it takes a lot of effort, and I'll be weak afterwards." Bendy admitted. Cuphead looked around, "I don't see any other demons around. Do it." Bendy seemed to melt into a puddle, rightfully freaking out the cup brothers. The inky puddle slowly crept towards the demon, and once he reached it, Bendy covered the demon in ink and pulled it down. Once the demon was completely out of sight Bendy reformed and collapsed on the ground. 

"Bendy! Are you okay!" Mugman yelled running up to him. Bendy just mumbled that he would be okay in a few minutes. "Cuphead, grab Bendy and put him in the middle of the pentagram." Cuphead nodded and carefully picked up the ink demon, bringing him to the middle of the pentagram. Mugman started to spread the red dust on the lines of the pentagram. Bendy started to regain his train of thought. He was being held by Cuphead in the middle of a glowing circle making him a bit flustered. He clears his throat to catch the cup's attention.  

Cuphead nervously put down the demon, and when he did Bendy stumbled due to still being weakened. Cuphead caught him and put Bendy's arms over Cuphead's shoulders to support him. Mugman returned to the middle of the pentagram and put the last of the powder on the pentagram properly closing the circle. The powder began to glow making Bendy nervous. The light grew, a beam shot upward covering the trio in red light. I'm coming Boris... 

Author's Note:

I made this chapter longer. 

Get ready for the ink brothers' reunion.

Slug-a-bed: Parasite; one that cannot rise in the morning.

Seriously though please start leaving comments. I want to read what you guys think.